Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's Going by So Fast

Our "staycation" is coming to a close...I'm sure most of you are as tired of listening to me say "staycation" as I am of saying it myself...but I'm continuing to the end...and sad for us, that end is already in sight. It's been wonderful having Daddy home everyday. We've gotten lots done on the house i.e. the red wall, the front flower bed is finally complete (after living here for 3 years, we figured the anonymous home owners association would be happy), the garden is planted, the inside of the house is clean, windows are all washed, and the trim around the garage is painted.

We've done lots of fun stuff too: like...going to the park, bike rides, camping out, movie nights, family hikes, and lots more...(wish I would have brought my camera to more of them, but it was fun to just live in the moment!)

Which brings me to tonight...we went out to my fav restaurant, Molly Woo's, to celebrate. Loaded all 3 girls into the van and headed on our way. Anthony had a wave of sleepiness hit him as we started out, so we just sat and listened to the girls "talk" in the back. It was nice to just hold hands and listen to our children for awhile...and boy the giggles that came from the rear of the car were joyous...

The unending laughter continued all the way into the restaurant, where it "leaked" over to Mommy and Daddy...our girls make us so happy. (please do not read that they are perfect, because they are 1/2 of me and we all know you ain't gettin' perfect from that!!!) But, on these special occasions when life sorta slows down...you get to appreciate the simpler things.

In the middle of Woodles of Noodles and Lettuce Cups, while the snickers and smiles were still plentiful, I looked at Anthony and just said, "If I could capture that "feeling" in a bottle and save it forever...those smiles, that laugh, the twinkle in their eyes...it's all going so fast!"

I can't believe that my Sweetpea is heading to 2nd grade next year, and how is Peanut old enough to be in Kindergarten already? And Little Munchkin, holy cow...she'll be two so soon...it's going by so fast...I know why I take so many pictures and record endless video footage, but it still goes by...sometimes I wish I could stop time...but then, I think, if I did that, I'd miss out on the "next" stage of fun...

but anyway...that was my evening...a great way to celebrate the ending...Uncle Don, Aunt Laurie and the 4 Js are coming tomorrow and the my girls are ECSTATIC!!!

I'll end with a picture of Peanut...and seriously, couldn't you just eat her up? Want to just put her in your pocket and save her forever???