We got to pick some lettuce/spinach tonight from OUR OWN garden! Oh my goodness, I was bouncing all the way to those mounds of green. I was all giggles trying to choose which bunch I was going to rip from the dirt. I am not much of a decision maker, but boy oh boy, I was ready tonight! I've had my eyes on those growing green leaves for the past month.
We've never grown lettuce before...this year is the first and I'm happy to add that it will NOT be our last! I got back to the house with a bag filled with romaine, bib lettuce and spinach for Anthony and I to share with some grilled chicken, etc...he asked me how much I had picked...10%?, 20%, is there a lot left?
Honey...I probably picked about 3-5% of what is out there...we are SET! And, man it was good! IT was delicious, who am I kidding? Now, don't take this as bragging...I mean, what in the world did I do but put little seeds in a pile of dirt? It ALWAYS amazes me to see what comes from those itty, bitty seeds!
I am READY for planting the rest of the garden...I'm READY for summer and then for a harvest! YUMMY!!!
So in case you are just dying to see our beautiful, delicious, wonderful greens...I took pictures! Just for you! Enjoy (although not as much as I am about now!!!)
