Yep...I'm sure the name is copywrited somewhere, but, as it concerns me, my hubby made it up and he's startin' it TODAY!!! The girls and I can't wait! We've already made him a strawberry pie and it's 'a-coolin' in the fridge as I write this!
Every other year we head to Florida for a 10 day break with Italian Stallion's family...on the off years, we usually take a small family vacation to some place we can drive to...We've done Hilton Head and Williamsburg...but this year we decided that we just needed time around the ole homestead to get some chores done...(I sound like we live in Little House on the Prairie:)
We've got lots planned this week: mulching and planting the front flower bed, painting the master bathroom & kitchen, finishing up and mulching around the garden, painting the trim around the garage, cleaning out the basement, washing all the windows...it's a never ending list, but we hope to make a dent at least...
We also have some fun stuff planned like: the park, the zoo, the beach, dessert night out and of course, you KNOW I'll be running to Starbucks every other morning or so:) That's MY vacation treat anywhere we go (or don't go in this case)
School will probably be put on the backburner next week, but considering we've already finished all the curriculum (about 2 months ago) I think we'll be okay...I've gotta say that this year was really neat just learning with my girls. I have found just how different they all are in not only their learning styles, but how they relate and respond to me and to others. I feel like I've learned a ton and have my spots that I know I need to watch for in the future with regards to certain areas...especially as we put them back into public school next year.
Sweetpea lost another tooth yesrday, actually I pulled it out...after an HOUR AND A HALF of "talking her down"...she is me all over again, and I had to use every tactic I could to calm her little heart down...when it was all said and done, she was all smiles (minus the tooth)...and then, Macie came along and chowed that tooth down...it's disgusting I know, but somehow she found it and I saw her munching...I guess she hadn't brushed it in awhile and Macie thought it was quite tasty!
Middle Peanut has a heart that always keeps me in check...as we were driving yesterday, we were listening to some old Steve Green Hide 'Em in your Heart CD...the music and words were about Jesus being our savior and taking our place...she finally spoke up, "Mommy, could you please turn it to the next song, I can't stop crying and I need to be ready for gymnastics" MELT ME!!!
And then there's my Little Munchkin whom has FINALLY begun talking...she'll be 2 next month and it has finally happened...it's a whole new world opened up for her...and she is LOVING it! She wakes up extra early (6:15am) each day because she can't wait to start...and start she does, even from her crib, "Mommy, all done nigh-nigh"
I'm looking forward to a great week! I get Italian STallion home EVERYday, ALLday for the next 10 days!!! YIPPEE...