Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thank you Pinterest...I think...

The time spent sitting in front of my computer screen into the wee hours of the morning has now increased due to a "sweet" little site called pinterest...

Where else can I waste more time but still feel like I'm getting something accomplished because I'm looking for "ideas"???...at least that's what I tell myself!

I felt somewhat justified during the upcoming "Valentine's" season due to the fact that I located some new ideas with regards to the valentine cards...

Here are the girls' cards for this year...



However, I've now decided that perhaps the cheap $2 box of cards next year is MUCH more cost effective than the $5+ I spent on suckers, glow sticks, photo prints and pure exasperation as we tried to assemble them AND their mailboxes before school the next day!

In other news...

*Italian Stallion is making progress on the basement...No, we won't make our "year" finish deadline, but maybe by summer?

*we still can't seem to figure out the whole "asmtha/acid reflux/coughing till she pops all the blood vessels in her face" issue going on with Peanut.  It's frustrating to say the least.

*the redistricting committee meetings are over for the elementary schools...I"m thankful that I got to play a part...partly because it reaffirms my feelings of not really desiring to go back into the classroom again...BUT, it reminds me once again why I love teaching in any capacity and enjoy working together with others toward a common goal.

*I really like weak coffee with LOTS of cream...preferrably white chocolate, french vanilla or bailey's irish creme...more of 50/50 of 40/60 ratio (heavy on the cream side)

*I just finished the Hunger Games book series...doubt I will be able to stomach the movies, but enjoyed the books...it had that feel of: "there might be some underlying lesson or theme going on, but we're going to wrap it up in teen sci-fi for fun"  It actually made me want more character/relationship development, as it centered more on individuals (one in particular) and how that effected the world around her.  It was really well written and I finished all 3 books in less than 2 weeks...

That's about it on the home front here...still haven't gotten out to purchase my voice recorder...MAN, I've had some great blog posts written in my head, only to completely go blank when I sit in front of the screen....so I apologize for the randomness ...

Hope you have a great weekend!