He hates it basically...
But, I can understand...I mean, who wants to share their birthday with another holiday...? (If you want to call today an "actual" holiday, but that's another post in and of itself...let's not go there right now)
However, it behooves me, as the older (and wiser...ahem) big sister, to take this opportunity to bestow upon you the mentioning of the "qualities" that make him who he is:) or at least, why I love him so much!
And though he will probably want to wring my neck afterwards, I'm pulling the Big Sister card...AGAIN...and will do it anyway.
And so I begin...
*cough, cough*
Don, my dear brother, I do love you so
though I pulled out your hair so long ago
we were called the "Old Man and his sister, Mean Ween"
but, Oh MY, we were cool...a super hero good team!
You took the back seat to my talent and smarts
but, really, we know who stole all the hearts
You put up with much...yes, my"big sisterly" fuss
but you see the real me, and still don't throw me under the bus
I'll love you forever, knowing you're with me to the end
couldn't imagine a better brother and sooo blessed to call you friend...
So, my poetry isn't all that much, but the point is that I am so thankful for this day, some thirty-odd years ago...God knew what He was doing when He gave me a little brother...OH man, did I treat him rotten though...it's true, the pulling out of the hair...I bossed him around like none other...and he came back for more...that's the thing about him...no matter what, he loved me...I could throw so much "stuff" at him, (and sometimes still do:) but, he doesn't give up on me...ever...
He's the one that I talked to about marrying my Italian Stallion...he's the one that walked with me through all the ups and downs of our early life...We can be so alike at times and then completely different. We can infuriate each other and turn around and tease and laugh until we cry...I guess that's what makes family sometimes...
What is amazing to me as well...is that with my "girls" and his "boys"...it's a whole new generation of relationships...and I'll be honest, it brings a smile and sometimes tears to watch them all interact...just so thankful...so, so thankful!
Happy birthday Don...I hope you have a great day!
I love you!


