Monday, February 27, 2012

Swams, Gucks and Elephant Tusks

So...we went to the zoo today:) 

We are having some very unseasonal weather here lately...

I'm not complaining...not one bit...nope, quite the contrary...I'm just praying that it continues long enough that we just skip winter altogether...

Because of this sunshine and warmer air, we took advantage of our free day to head out to the zoo with some friends...

A group of moms with their youngest kiddos...just hangin' together at the zoo.  We enjoyed a few moments for Lunch (if you want to call running around the picnic tables, dropping pretzels, refusing cantelope but begging for cookies, racing to the polar bears and back, squirting yogurt, and asking if there were any more treats...LUNCH

It was a rag-tag team of hooligans though...everyone was running or pointing out the "gucks" and other animals...whilst the moms all tried to have conversations that sounded like this:

"Yes, so I'm struggling with feeling like I can actually finish anything really well...wait, where's Little Munchkin...oh, there she is over by the polar bears...oh my, does he need some help...Christy, do you have a wipe for my hands, I need to get the pretzels back out...what honey? what did you need?...oh, okay, hang on a minute...where's the bathroom?...we need to head in that direction...it's like I'm trying to be all things to each of my girls...where's Luke? ...Oh my, Kara, I'll get the stroller...hang on...no, I don't have any more cookies honey, we can maybe check the car for another treat later...we're going to go to Habitat Hollow now...why do they call prairie dogs, dogs?  they don't look like dogs...I guess it's the same as a guinea pig...maybe it should be a prairie pig...don't throw the leaves honey it'll get everyone all yucky...let's go find a place to sit down and eat...WHERE ARE THE CHILDREN?...what were you saying about your struggle now?

I know that to some, that will be hard to follow...I guess that's my point...I am  amazed coming away from afternoons like today, how we have conversations that make sense...but we did somehow...and we had such a good time being out:)  I've shared lots of pictures over on facebook, but I'll post a few more here:)