Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lies I have believed recently...

* I am overweight and need to either starve myself or exercise into oblivion.

* people are only nice to me because they're polite...they'd rather not really spend time with me.

* when people are subtly rude to me, they are actually quite upset with me and want to "stick it to me" in a way that doesn't make them look mean, but get still gets their point across.

* I'm only as good of a wife and mother, as it relates to how clean my house is.

*we will never retire...ever...my husband will have to work until he can barely walk and our children will never make it to college...

*3 pieces of chocolate can't do any harm at 11 at night...and if you add some coffee with lots of cream and maybe a few pretzels and nutella, it's STILL not going to do a thing to the scale in the morning.

*if it's 9am and I plan on trying to exercise, shower, clean the kitchen, make the beds, have a cup of coffee and check facebook...I should definitely be ready to get in the car by 10am.

*I can totally get at least 6 hours of solid sleep if I get to bed by midnight.

There were a few more rather degrading lies that entered my head as well...it's crazy how Satan likes to have haydays every once in awhile...:)  All is well though...I'm happy to say that I'm getting better at recognizing "lies" and seeing them for what they are...I suppose it also helps that I have a hubby who can call me out on it...and that I have 3 innocent faces watching me for guidance:) 

Some of those "lies" are just plain time management issues...of which I've had for forever (or so I've been told)...I rather like to think that I enjoy grand entrances (not being late:) 

Other lies have just been brought to my mind because my focus is off...

And others yet, may in fact be true...however, I have a choice as to whether I will allow them to determine my attitude, or better yet, my course of action.

I don't have all the answers yet...I'm just plugging along like everyone else. And, I'm learning to make better choices onto that which my mind settles...

And tonight, that would mean that I"m not going to eat that peanut butter blossom that is calling for me in the kitchen!!  woohoo...point for me!