So, time management is not my forte...
I know this...
my husband DEFINITELY knows this...
my children NEED to learn this...
I tend to believe in "efficiency" which translates into: "how much stuff can I cram into a small amount of time and still manage to get where I"m going without being toooo incredibly late?" See, I'm not all that affected by "lateness"...I rather enjoy "grand entrances"...much to the chagrin of the entire, rest of my family...
However,
This morning as I was:
cleaning the kitchen
packing lunches
making pancakes
making coffee
fixing apple juice cups
taking laundry out of the drier
finding a show for Little Munchkin to watch
warming up coffee in the microwave
trying to locate someone's boots
stomping downstairs in search of jeans for Peanut that didn't have holes in them
warming up coffee AGAIN in the microwave
listening to Peanut read her book aloud
signing Sweetpea's binder
getting vitamins
warming up the coffee AGAIN
I failed to watch the clock...or maybe I was actually watching the clock, but the batteries are going so it's kinda slow...but whatever the case...the next thing I knew, Sweetpea was already out the door to the bus stop and Peanut and I were still scrambling to find our shoes...
And then I heard the bus...and low and behold, it was out there...waiting...
bless her heart for running outside with me and not crying! She had to follow crazy Momma who was donned in her sweat pants and polka dot rain boots, white winter jacket and sunglasses...looking quite dapper if I do say so myself...
Because of my eldest's keen ability to "inform", she was able to let the bus driver know that we were just running a tad late and could she hang on until her little sister made it...
she did...Peanut got on the bus...Mommy dropped her COLD coffee in the garage and allowed all the other parents at the bus stop to feel quite good about themselves this morning!!
It's no wonder I needed a nap this afternoon...Efficiency people!!