Monday, February 6, 2012

Did I tell you?

I got one of these:

The one on the right is my actual lens...but the one on the left is:

a mug:)

Isn't that just so cool? 

A friend that attended a class I taught on photoshop, showed up to class with it...I'll admit, I was taken aback at first...I thought perhaps it was another lens and I was freaking out thinking, "what in the world is this woman doing giving me this crazy expensive thing???"  But, then I screamed and started jumping around when she told me what is was.

Let me tell you that getting back to normal after having a heavenly getaway is just a tad hard...it falls in the category of "Oh my goodness, I do NOT want to do anything but sit in a hot tub all day and eat cheesecake...but, the oven is starting to smell and I left the load in the washing machine for 2 days AGAIN!"

So, as I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, we've decided to just start racking up more "do to" items on the list...Italian Stallion has finally been able to continue working on the basement that we started last March and by "we" I mean, "HE"...It's one of those situations where "we" promised each other that we'd finish the basement by the end of the summer without fail, but IF something were to happen that was out of our control, then it would DEFINITELY be finished by December....

**cricket, cricket**

Yep, it's February and "we" JUST got the electrical hooked up...still looking for lights...

Anyhoo...this also means that I have to finish up MY end of the bargain, which means that I'm supposed to tackle the part of the basement that "we" refer to as the Black Hole...it's where all things old retainers, baby teeth and underroos live...where college books and cassette tapes rule...and department store bins of all baby clothes ages 0 months to 12 years are stacked up on an entire length of wall...

It's pathetic really ...and if I didn't connect a memory to every item down there, it'd be MUCH easier to just pitch it...it also doesn't help that every 2 weeks or so, I go down there rummaging around and coming up with "new crafts" with all the "supplies" I've found...it's sad really...

In other news, we're trying to determine what to do about school next year...for Little Munchkin, not me...oh heavens, I really did LOVE teaching...but after having children, I've decided (at least for this time being) that I have absolutely NO desire to teach OTHER people's children...to be honest, I just kinda like mine best...sorry...

Anyway, so we're trying to figure it all out because we've never had this "summer birthday" option before...Sweetpea was a non-issue...she was a winter baby...duh...5 turn 6 in Kindergarten.  Peanut was a harder decision, but mostly because she's close in age to Sweetpea and we wanted them together, we sent her as a 5 year old even though her b-day was so close to the end of the year...But, with Munchkin..UGH...hard call...because let's face it...with 2 older sisters that play school with you constantly, you don't have a chance...you are TOTALLY going to learn stuff without even trying...therefore, academically, you're ready to go...

And when your mother forces your older sisters to play with you...you learn how to adapt to older age children...so, basically, she COULD go to school in the fall...

What I fail to have a peace about is this:  SHE'S MY BABY!!!  Not to mention the fact that boys are normally held longer for school and the thought of a 16/17 year old in the same class as my 15 year old and "flirting" with her...okay, hold me back, cuz Mama Bear is going to get a piece of somethin'!!!

And so we are in the "dilemma" mode...or I guess I should say that I AM in the dilemma mode...Italian Stallion looks at things a little differently and is a bit more passive with it all...I tend to worry myself into a frenzy and spend hours upon hours on the phone and on the computer asking and reasearching and setting up meetings with principals until I can somewhat put a logical thought together with regards to a possible decision...

lord, I do NOT know how he puts up with me...

That's where we're at for now...we did manage to watch the Super Bowl...a little bit.  I spent most of the time trying to google pictures of the Manning brothers and their wives and kids...because really, it's all about relationships for me when it comes to football...

Italian Stallion just finished a book about Steve Jobs and we watched a short documentary on the guy as well...I think I mentioned before that me and Mr. Jobs wouldn't have gotten along very well...infact, I probably would have avoided him at all costs...don't get me wrong, thanks for the ipod sir, but good grief, we need to learn some compassion no?  (and by "we", I mean....)

have a great week!