Monday, July 25, 2011

The Pool

I've never really been a "pool person" persay...

It's not that I don't enjoy a good dip at the 'ole swimmin' hole...as long as that hole is crystal clear, decked out with lounge chairs and is a mild 81 degrees...AT LEAST!

We joined a pool this year and to be honest, I wasn't quite sure about it at first.  Sweetpea is a natural in the water, but Peanut is still working on treading water and Little Munchkin...well, let's just saw that it took 2 weeks before she let go of the wall...WITH her life jacket on the entire time.

Now, for a mom who isn't necessarily "into" the whole "pool scene", this was a HUGE step for me...I want to be a cool pool mom...I think I actually wrote about it awhile back...but watching all the beautiful, scantily clad moms hanging out in their bikinis and realizing that my spare tire is now resembling my very own, built in inner-tube...well...you get my point!  It's a lesson in character development and being comfortable in one's own skin...and lots of it...hanging and drooping everywhere...

Oh, the woes I could get into about all that, and my absolute need to get back to P90x and working out...but, let's just not go there right now...because, I"m sitting here enjoying one heck of a huge brownie and I would rather NOT be interrupted I'm going to psych myself up for starting that here soon!

For those of you that live in my neck of the woods, you don't need me to tell you how incredibly hot it has been around here lately...now, I"m NOT complaining, because we were dealing with crazy cold weather and power outages left and right this winter...the fact that we have air conditioning and that beautiful sunshine is a blessing...but it HAS led me to the pool a bit more than I would have ever thought necessary before.

It necessitates me monitoring the wherabouts of my girlies 110% of the time and oftent that requires me to be IN THE WATER.  Thankfully, we have gotten to know the sweet little lifeguards and they keep an eye on my girlies when Little Munchkin has to "tinkle" every 45 minutes...We ARE fortunate in that, the pool we joined has very few members (due to the EXCESSIVE COST of membership)and therefore, it's not overly difficult to locate them amidst the glistening water in the 900 degree weather...(yes, I know I put one too many zeroes, but THAT'S what it feels like)

I can't believe that the summer is half over...but, we plan to enjoy it to the fullest!