I'm in a "stretching/growing" period with regards to photography...I'm beginning to teach classes and when I do that there is inevitably a great desire within me to LEARN MORE...and so, I'm back to the drawing board (and my camera manual) and searching on the internet and contacting other photographers...
One thing that I have struggled with is consistency within my post-processing...just that whole editing bit...I, sometimes want everything to flow together...but other times, certain pictures just "need" a different look.
It's beautiful outside today...I've already been out pitching the lettuce trees...and yes, I said lettuce TREES because I let them go...REALLY let them go and they are as tall as me...well, before I yanked them up and hauled them to the compost pile...
I've weeded the front flower bed and sprayed for clover in the front yard...and all the while I was thinking and praying and trying to figure ways to challenge myself so that I can be a better teacher AND so that I can take better pictures to capture seemingly simple moments that in turn, last a lifetime! (whoa...a little heavy for 8 this morning)
Anyway...just now I ran outside, snapped a few pics of my girls and made myself edit in less than 20 minutes...You know what I ultimately discover? No matter what...whether I edit 'correctly' or not...and I DO still have much to learn...but, whether I just "get" it or completely botch it...my girls are just plain beautiful the way they are! And I'm just thankful to have them and have the ability to snap pictures in front of weeds in our yard or catch them giggling at me!
Thank you Jesus for my sweet girls!