Monday, July 11, 2011

We're back home!

Remember the whole "almost peeing in the car in a traffic jam" incident?  Yes, well, that feels like a longgggggggg time ago already...Our trip back home was fairly uneventful and for that I am thankful.

We really had a great time...my girls got completely sugared up at Grandma's & Papa's house, thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Cars 2 movie...complete with popcorn and pop, and ran around like crazy kids at Chuck E.Cheese whilst sleuthfully searching for lost tokens or tickets on the floor (under machines, in the bathrooms, and lots of other germ infested areas:)...going "home" for me is like CAMP for my girls...and I love it!

While they were hitting the theater and eating spoonfuls of frosting and cheetos (not together mind you)...I had the opportunity to instruct another SnapShop class.  I am working on a blog post about it over at CTPhotoMemories...it'll be there soon...but, I will say (on this personal/family blog) that I always come away with mixed emotions...at first I'm on an extreme high of adreneline and excitement.  My attendees learn a ton, I throw a LOT of information at them...info that they'd otherwise have to gleen from hours googling on the computer or sitting in classes for weeks...I try to be efficient and enthusiastic...I read through their surveys like a desperate, thirsty person from the desert...and I am always blown away by their gratefulness and encouragement...

And then I do what every teacher does after every day of class...you replay every word and illustration and you think of ways to make it better...I'm so thankful for my Italian Stallion who'll sit and listen to all my woes and insecurities and then help me formulate a plan...

We had a GREAT date night for our anniversary and I miss those days where we could sit and talk for hours on end without interruption. 

My girls are tired, but oh so happy...it was a good visit but we're ready to get back into our old schedule...

the one that includes sitting poolside sipping on glasses of ice cold water and dipping pretzels into nutella...

bring it on!