Thursday, July 28, 2011

Things I learned about a Puppy

So, this little girl left us yesterday...

to travel on to a better place...a place where she won't be held every 2.5 seconds by sticky little hands that play with her bows and give her kisses...a place where she will actually GET a nap and not have to run after a ball or toy or a 4 year old with shoelaces for hours on end.  No, she is not "gone" in THAT sense...Puppy Heaven is still without this dear one, but our dogsitting time has come to an end...

And so I thought it prudent to write down things that I've learned so that when if we ever get a dog, I will be be prepared...

#1- Puppies are scared of hair driers, tractors, blowing leaves, birds but are NOT even startled by a large "NO" after they've gotten into your trash or pooped on your floor.

#2-To puppies, socks are the ENEMY...they MUST be destroyed!

#3-Puppies WILL bolt for an open door and continue running with no thought to their surroundings...and as long as you chase them, they will KEEP GOING.

#4-Trash is like perfume to puppies and they want to roll in it, rip it up, and even eat it...

#5-Apparantly puppies love to dig holes and find worms...and then bark at them as if they are "socks" (see #2)

There are many other things that I've learned, but all in all, my girls had such a great time watching her and cried for 1.5 hours after she left...complete, emotional wrecks...poor things.  I'm sure I.S. and I are going to have to have the whole "are we getting a dog anytime soon" talk in the near future...

...the thing is though, I JUST bought a brand new package of socks! What to do...