I tend to THINK in blog posts every once in awhile...the problem is that I get it all written in my head and then I don't necessarily get to the point where I can write it down and/or type it out...and then it just goes into the depths of my brain and gets all swished around with the to do lists, photography posing ideas and recipes that I wish I could make...
I'm not a huge fan of driving...my hubby can vouch for me on that one. I tend to be a more white-knuckle driver...ever cautious and get a bit perturbed when others don't follow the "rules" which then, in turn, force me to break rules in order to stay safe...i.e. speed up to get out of the way...
Anyhoo...I was on my way to Michigan yesterday for the Snapshop...Italian Stallion stayed home, but we'll be scurrying back fast on Sunday seeing that it's our anniversary:) I got a new dress and everything!!!
So, there we were...driving along...we had had our lunch, gone to the bathrooms, no drinks in the car, just the "sweet" sound of the ipod touch and 3 pairs of eyes squinting to see Rapunzel sing about her "best day EVER"...and a little voice says to me, "Mommy, I have to go pee...NOW"
Normally, this wouldn't cause absolute PANIC in me...but seeing as we were in a traffic jam (for the past 30 minutes already) and only managed to pass 1 mile marker/exit ramp I was a little frantic as to HOW we were going to solve this problem...in the car...with a 4 year old...with only 1 adult...while the car is creeping along...with other angry drivers who are trying to cut in and out using the shoulder, etc...
I did what any mom does in this situation...I call upon heaven ( and the older siblings ) to help me out..."distract her" I screamed...Sweetpea went into a wonderful rendition of "what's 9 + 1?" and Peanut starting laughing..which we ALL know THAT'S not going to help. I found a roll of paper towels and emptied the soda cup from lunch...we cleared the pathway from the rear seat to the front...
I want to interject here that our van had become a camper of sorts because my children deem it necessary to sleep and/or travel with at least 2 pillows, 1 overstuffed animal, 5 other small stuffed animals, 3 blankets and as much coloring and reading paraphenalia that their arms can carry...this is all EACH...SO...we had 6 pillows, 15 stuffed animals, 3 over stuffed ones and 9 blankets overflowing on the inside of the vehicle!
Anyway, to make a long story even longer, I was mentally trying to find a way to get her up to me while keeping one hand on the wheel and trying to get her to aim properly so we wouldn't have to deal with a smell along with our already overcrowded van...
God had mercy on me...just as I was ready to have her unbuckle and mama bear was going to come out and start giving mean faces to any driver that dared get close to me while my baby was out of her belt...the traffic cleared...just like that...
Needless to say, I lost all inhibitions and drove like lightning to the next exit ramp...grabbed Little Munchkin squeezing her little legs together and stormed into the bathroom...WE MADE IT!!! And for that I am eternally grateful.
We made it to Grandma's house and they are safe and secure eating lots of sugar and being spoiled:) I'm getting all prepared for the class tomorrow and have enjoyed already visiting with some friends from "days of old"...more on that to come in later posts!
Have a great weekend!