Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Little bit of Nothin'...

It's Tuesday...we're pretty much halfway through summer...(not that TUESDAY signifies the middle of summer...it's just that all of a sudden I've realized that it's almost over and today happens to be Tuesday)
                                                                         ...........
I'm sitting at my computer as my girls are conducting a rigorous and riveting game of UNO in the other room and are cracking up over the fact that they can "skip" and "reverse" each other over and over again...to them, they are hilarious...to me, they are a tad loud:)
                                                                          ..........
I've decided that after heading to the theater today to see a free showing of Ramona and Beezus, we need to concentrate on the house...I don't know when was the last time I saw the top of Little Munchkin's dresser or the floor in my laundry room.  I think they both still exist, it's just been a longgggggggggg time. Plus, my fridge has a unique "smell" emminating from within...it's not pleasant.
                                                                          ..........
I need to tell you the story about Little Munchkin and the stealth-y tactics she has taken to "steal" toys from her sisters' bedroom all in the name of "I NEED it"...but, as I mentioned above, SMELL from FRIDGE...yes, that story will have to wait.
                                                                          ...........
I'm a bit disappointed in our garden this year...overall it's so-so and I was going for FANTASTIC..we are a far cry from that...we're going to pull the garlic and potatoes this weekend b/c I can't stand to see the reminders of a crop gone bad.  Last year we had tons and tons of potatoes...not so much this year, and we have twice as many plants.  Italian Stallion already pulled the sugar daddy peas and my heart sunk.  I guess all us "farmers" have to realize that there are THOSE type of years for crops, but it doesn't make it any better.  I can be grateful though, for the huge garlic and onion plants that are coming up out of the earth...but, munching on a garlic clove just ain't the same as a sweet pea or some killer mashed potatoes!
                                                                         ............
In my realization that the summer is half over, I have also remembered that the girls have reading charts and school stuff that they are supposed to be keeping track of...and me, as their ever organized mother, has made sure that they are painstakingly reviewed and charted completely dropped the ball and can't even remember where she put their pencils...and that's the story of my life right now:)

We are looking forward to getting back to the pool sometime this week...that should be a GREAT help to all my other woes of a smelly kitchen and non-studying children this summer!  If all else fails, just ignore it right?