Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Adventures in Dogsitting

We haven't owned a dog since my dad stole our last one about 6 years ago...

And I use the word "stole" in the most affectionate way:)  To make that long story short, let's just say that trying to sell a house, moving in with your in-laws for an extra 3 months and not having a lawn for 9 more months necessitates begging your father to watch over your "baby" until you get yourselves put back together...Little did we know it would be a year later and sweet Bailey up and decided, "Um...thanks but no thanks Ma, I rather like the sweet life here with belly rubs, daily walks and 5 different types of treats in containers on the counter for my choosing!"

So, we said farewell to our sweet Bailey-dog and decided to have another baby instead...this time in the human form...and thus we have Little Munchkin!  Now, my girls do ask to have a dog every other day every once in awhile, but we've held off.  In the meantime we offer our services as "dogsitters" for friends...

If you will remember, we had Maci for almost a year...that scarred me for life was a wonderful experience for my girls...of whom Little Munchkin STILL can't seem to get off her heart or mind and asks about her on a weekly basis! 

This week we welcomed another little Yorkie to our home for about a week.  Her name is Marcel...I"m not sure what it is about Yorkies and their families' desire to leave them with us...maybe it's the fact that we have girlie girls or that Maci is still alive and well...I don't have a clue, but my girls never turn down an opportunity to have some puppy time. 

I'm going to save the funny stories for AFTER little Marcel has returned to her home safely...wouldn't want her parents to get nervous ahead of time...rest assured, she IS still alive and for the record, I am too...and that's a plus!

p.s. I will post a picture of the sweetness a little later, however, P90x started up yesterday and the fact that I"m now in a sitting position and to get the pictures off my camera would require me to use leg muscles to get OUT of the chair...muscles that until yesterday, I didn't realize existed and are now so sore that I'm seriously considering going out and purchasing BENGAY, but will probably only manage to make it to McDs or Starbucks for a frappe...cuz, really, they're both COLD relief right?