We have an explosion of zucchini...it's seriously the easiest thing to grow...it's actually hard to make it STOP and CATCH a zucchini at the proper stage...
If you'll remember, we'd usually not get out there in time and they looked something like this:
What to do when you have nine 5 lbs zucchinis sitting on your counter?
Well, besides using them for weights during your lovely P90x workouts...you start scouting out good zucchini recipes...
We've tried a bunch and I will admit that there aren't all so superb...the grilled zucchini with goat cheese was NOT a hit in our home...however, I HAVE found that if you can stick it in recipes that resemble "familiar" tastes...they are usually winners...
for example...my girls LOVE banana bread...BAM..make it ZUCCHINI bread and throw in some chocolate chips...Wa-La..perfection...
Another new favorite in our house are these tastey treats...Zucchini BROWNIES! We're talking 2 full cups of shredded zucchini in these puppies...oh my goodness are they delicious...and of course, because of the chocolate, the girls don't even see any remnants of green zucchini shreds and they're nearly gone before I get them to the table!
Had a great day yesterday taking the girls out to get some pictures...I'm on the hunt now to put up a new wall display in my bedroom...I really need to change out the pictures...got a nice "album" of options over at facebook if you care to vote in...I'll post more pics from our hiking outing sometime next week:)
Enjoy your weekend!

