Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's About that time...

...when I start freaking out about leaving my babies for a few days to go on a trip with my husband...

It's right about now that I start worrying about tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, plane crashes, and allergic reactions to foods that I've never been introduced to before...

It's right about this time that I begin my to do list of writing letters, going over our will, checking with our friends and family to be sure they are still 10000% committed to my girlies should anything happen to us while we're gone...

It's also about this time that I start madly cleaning my house b/c I know that my inlaws and other friends and family will have full reign and I do NOT want them knowing what is REALLY in the back corner of my closets or the fact that I may or may not have cleaned behind the toilet in awhile...

In addition to all this, I start feeling pudgy...I feel this way regardless of the fact that I "treat" myself to ice water and salad instead of my Cadbury eggs that are piling up in the stores where I have willed myself to let them stay...but it may have something to do with the fact that my hubby can lose pounds by just "thinking" about a diet and only eating half of the Papa John pizza...again, whilst I eat my yogurt and granola...yum.

The good news, is that all this worry and fretting makes me incredibly tired by at least 11pm, and so I go to bed much earlier than ever before...which in turn means that I can awaken at an earlier hour without knockin' off anyone's (aka Italian Stallion) head in the morning for "showering too loud"!!! 

The large white snow flakes falling all afternoon convinced me that I'm ready for some sun however...so if I must invest in coverups, so be it...

by the way, anyone have some "fantastic reads" they'd like to share...I'm planning on taking at least half a suitcase of reading material...that's MY idea of vacation!!!