Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Time Management Girl...to the...uh....rescue?

Italian Stallion and I have a joke around the house...

He likes to call me Time Management Girl and then sing a little jingle similar to "Toonces the driving cat" from SNL...

Basically, the idea is, if he calls me "Time Management Girl", it really means I have no such skill...

and truth be told...he's right...

This is an area that I have always struggled with...

In high school, I was the one up into the wee hours of the night studying b/c I figured I'd have enough time to study if my plan was to start studying by 7pm...which NEVER started until 10pm in reality...

As a teacher, I planned and planned and had FUN planning...only to always run out of time and pushing my schedule further out into the future in the hopes to accomplish all things "fun and teachable" before the end of the school year...

Fast forward into life as a wife, mom, photography, housekeeper, friend, sister, daughter and lover of reading...

Let's just say that I start out my day with GREAT expectations...

I awaken (always with the intent to get up with I.S. because, of course, I would have gone to bed before 1am right? that was my time management plan...but no...not happenin') and so I drag myself out of bed as the minutes slip by and I stumble downstairs to begin my workout...only to be distracted by lunches that need to be made, breakfast needing to be fixed, a shirt that suddenly needs to be ironed, shoes that can't be found, apple juice that needs to be poured and last minutes things that can't seem to be remembered the night before (again, I have NO IDEA where they get it)

And so, once the older two are out the door, I again look at the clock and realize that I am now an hour and a half OFF schedule...you'd THINK that the TIME MANAGEMENT GIRL would then formulate a plan in which to tackle those priority items and get herself moving...

yeah, well...no...

then I grab my coffee and do my "5 minute" email check, which often turns into 30 minutes and then I realize that I'm 2 hours off...

so I scramble through a workout, in which I remember laundry that was supposed to be put in and so I press the pause button and head to get the laundry...

on the way seeing dirty dishes left near the couch...so I go to pick them up and put them in the sink...

only to realize that the dishwasher needs to be emptied...and so I empty it and then fill it back up...

and see that the garbage can is full...so I pull out the bag and see that I could probably stuff more things into it...

so I go upstairs and start grabbing garbage cans to dump into the bag...only to spot dirty clothes left on the floor...

and then I remember that I originally needed to get the laundry going...so I drop the garbage bag and pick up the clothes...then to see that the bathroom has been left a mess with towels...

so I go to check all the other bathrooms to make sure that there aren't any other towels laying around...only to see mirrors filled with toothpaste spit (ahhh motherhood)

and so I go to grab the glass cleaner to wipe them down...I head back out to bring the towels to the laundry and trip over the garbage bag...which I pick up and head back downstairs getting into the kitchen to remember once again that I left the laundry upstairs...

by this time, my workout p90x has gone into complete sleep mode and I still haven't showered and storytime starts in 40 minutes...and I live 25 minutes away from the library...

I'm bringing out my old underroos...
And adding this super power cape to it...

Italian Stallion has now begun to tell me that whatever amount of time I "think" it's going to take me to accomplish something...just mulitply it by 5 and I should have a good "schedule" to follow...so if storytime actually starts at 11 and I have to leave by 10:30...I should actually be getting up by 5:00 am in order to get everything finished before heading out the door...

GREAT! 

drowing in my own distractions,
Mamarazzi