So, what's up with the ducK tape? Yes, well, when you are confined to a small area (aka the car) for lengthy periods of time without another adult available...you TOO would dream of duck tape and the wonders thereof...
I can't say that I didn't "daydream" using some of the silvery wonder to put across many 'a face when whines and complaints came spewing forth...
After the craziness of doctor visits at the beginning of our spring break, and we became more settled into our week, I took the opportunity to head back "home" to visit the family up north...We spent a total of about 9-10 hours in the car over a 48 hour span of time...it wasn't the WORST of times, but it wasn't the BEST of times either:)
But, we're back now and school has started and we're back into the full swing of things...minus the fact that I managed to get a cold somewhere over the weekend and would be happy to just stay under warm blankets until spring would like to make an appearance!!!
I suppose I could have called this post: Spring Break in pictures...but, what fun would that be if I couldn't lament about duck tape first?
Here's what we did this week anyway:)
Started off with that crazy coughing spell and time with poor little Peanut
Next we decided to put it all behind us and get hair cuts...Sweetpea is such her mother's daughter and could not/would not cut her hair short...and yet, she soooo wanted the "look" of something new...bless her heart...she ended up with about 2 inches cut off (if that) and we just humored her to say that she looked so different and we could totally tell that she got it cut...Peanut, on the other hand...she got hers chopped...no inhibitions on that girl...uh uh, no way...
The majority of the week was spent up and down from the basement...down for my hubby and up for all of us (except when the girls wanted to "help") Which I am positive that my awesome Italian Stallion loved!
We're finishing off part of our basement...because 2 play rooms just ain't cuttin' it apparantly...NO...not really, well...kinda...At some point we will slowly start to pack up the main floor play room and turn it into who knows what, but hopefully this new space will be the new "growing up" rec room for our family...I'm watching my girls grow taller and though boys aren't necessarily on the radar...yikes...I know it's coming...just still trying to utilize our house to make the most of family time!
We did do a quick run to COSI and Spaghetti Warehouse ( Daddy's choice ) and the girls had some great play dates with friends that they don't often get a chance to play with...
Lastly, we headed up north and got to see all the cousins and I got to see my brother and sister and my other sister (whom I totally forgot to get pictured with..sorry Teen!)
please note that I tried, oooohhhhhhh I tried to fix myself up in this picture and it just wasn't cuttin' it...I gave up...and I'm just living with it...bushy eyebrows, no make up, flat hair and all...At least my brother feels "tall"...I still look like the OLDest...not so much fun I must say...
Currently, I'm battling a cold and am on the countdown to my 5 day getaway with Italian Stallion...I hope to have fashion options posted soon...but that would mean that I'd have to go out and SHOP and then SPEND MONEY..so we don't really know when that will actually take place...
Until then, I'm still trying to declutter, keep Peanut on the breathing/not coughing track, and attempting to keep up with new soccer schedules as they've now come into the line up...
Spring has GOT to get here soon!!!
oooooo I almost forgot...I did splurge with some extra CTPhoto moneys to get this little beauty:
Hopefully it will begin to replace my 50mm/1.8...since I still own the crop frame camera (because I really wanted the video feature that wasn't offered on the full frame D700) I needed a wide angle lens...the 50 is beautiful, but I still had to back up soooo far to get all 3 of my girlies in a picture..this baby does wonders! I still have lots of control with aperture, etc...It was about $100 more than the 50mm...AND, it's out of stock everywhere...the camera stores love me here however and called me when they found ONE floatin' around in their storehouse...I RAN to the store and picked it up...MUCH FUN!






