I figured that after that last post, I'd better update at least a bit:) Thanks for your patience!
Peanut is still coughing, although not as much as before. The inhalers seem to be calming her inflamed breathing airways, but the source of the cough is still an unknown and quite viable. We are heading back to the doctor's today to just see if we can get some more answers. She broke my heart the other day saying, "Mommy, I get scared at school when I cough b/c I am scared that I won't be able to stop."
It's mostly the nighttime that is causing the difficulty, but I know that she is tentative when playing during the day and mindful of anything that could cause a coughing spasm. So, that's where we are...the chest x-rays were negative for anything (which is great!) but still leaves us with questions concerning everything else.
In other news, Itallian Stallion took the week off and has been working his tail off on house stuff. He and I are still trying to "get in shape" for our trip coming up...and I must admit, passing up my delicious jelly beans that are calling to me in my candy dish on the hutch...well, it's about doing me in! Not to mention that my favorite chocolate of all time: THE CADBURY EGG is out in large quantities at the store and beckon to me as I push my grocery cart in between the lettuce and avacados...
Ohhhh, they beckon...and I hear them...and I MUST look the other way...it is a sad, sad, sad day for me. Woe, Woe, Woe...
Okay, I know it's pathetic...I'm addicted to the chocolately mass of goo and sugar! If any faithful friends want to stock up for me and keep them at YOUR house, I'd be happy to come "visit" once we return from our trip...because at that point, the rubber tire around my middle is welcome back home in it's place around the top of my jeans if it means I can down some of that cadbury goodness!
I read a book last night (while counting the coughs of poor Peanut in the wee hours of the morning) and I must say that I was actually surprised at the ending. Normally, you can figure out how a book is going to end within the first 3-4 chapters...especially if you tend to read the same genre and stick with similar authors (as yours truly happens to do) However, this book, Jane Austen ruined my life, although there were some unrealistic aspects to the story, I found it interesting how the main character clung to her "hero" in her search to "know" Jane...how often I do this with characters in stories...I want to "live" how they live so that I can "feel" what they feel, to get lost in the story...I wonder, if I put that much thought and heart into reading The Book, if I would "live" and "feel" much that same of my Savior...hmmmm?
Anyhoo...looking forward to a good week with my hubby and girls...I'll keep you posted as I'm able...Have a good one!