No matter how many books or so-called "manuals" I read on parenting...there is no "guidebook" specifically for Sweetpea, Peanut and Little Munchkin...
as, I'm positive there are no guarantees for any other child on the face of the earth either...
I can only read The Book, love them, pray for guidance, expect great things and help them to achieve that heart which then melds into their behavior...
...however, it's moments with Little Munchkin that sometimes put me over the edge...
Her latest thing is whenever I have informed her that she will NOT be getting her own way...she stares at me dumbfounded for a moment as if she can't quite grasp that her queen-ship will not be receiving her request...in the next moment, she stomps her foot and replies,
"I am soooooooo mad at myself"
Which translates to ,"I am sooo incredibly mad at you Mommy that you will not let me have my way!" Of course, in her little brain, being mad at "herself" is a way of showing emotion (which we allow to a point) but not necessarily getting in trouble for being disrespectful!
When pointed out that she is stomping her foot with her hands on her hips that she is not allowed to have a temper, she replies quite pointedly, "I am NOT having a temper"...oh, you could've fooled me there sweetie!!
She just woke up (as I'm writing this at nearly midnight) with a bad dream..."Mommy, you were wearing a HAT! and you wouldn't take it off" I reassured her that Mommy doesn't wear hats so there's really nothing to be nervous about. Where she gets the trepidation about hats, I'm not sure, but nevertheless, it woke her from a dead sleep.
Daddy came in as soon as he finished brushing his teeth to calm her down even more...to which she replied, "Daddy, what is that smell in my nose? did you eat candy?"
I need to write down more of her sayings because I know that sooner or later they will be gone...until then though, we will laugh "behind her back of course" at them...
In other news...Peanut lost something...
The tooth fairy left her 10 dimes in a little sac under her pillow...apparantly dollar bills were difficult to "carry" this time around (that or perhaps the head hauncho fairy didn't have any on hand and had to dig around in the couch cushions and in the washing machine looking for coins) At least, that's my "guess" as to what happened...
And Sweetpea...well, I love this girl to pieces, however I am discovering that she is more and more like me...and that my friends, isn't necessarily a "good" thing. I'm having to forfeit over to Daddy on many 'an issue' that have come up lately...it's funny how the things that irritate you about others are sometimes the very things that YOU have in yourself! I've been eating some major humble pie lately...it's none too tasty either...
those are my parenting woes at present...and if "that's" the worst of it...well, to be honest, I've got it pretty good right now...
I'll be posting soon over at CTPhotoMemories (this week sometime) about my 3 month old photo shoot...I got to cuddle a little baby and remember way back when tempers and loose teeth weren't even on the radar...
have a great week!



