Those would be the words coming out of the mouth of my husband last Wednesday.
Let me set the scene...
It's overcast...tornado sirens are blazing in the city just over...wind is whippin' ore the plain...distant thunder is rumbling...and my firstborn is running up and down the soccer field while her daddy coaches from the opposite side.
The first three quarters, the girls are scrappin'...there are no subs...5 girls didn't show up and one showed up in flip flops. As fourth quarter progresses, so does the rain...as in, a torrential downpour...
The girls are soaked, cold, and out of breath...it's tied 2:2 and I can see from their eyes that they're about out of steam...
What's a mother to do?
I'll tell you what THIS mother does...she hands over her camera to another saint of a mom who actually thought to bring an umbrella...she dons her royal blue poncho and begins running up and down the sidelines...
SCREAMING MADLY...
"you can do it!
"You are strong"
"dig down deep"
"take a deep breath"
"one kick at a time"
"go after it with all you've got"
and it just goes on and on...the screaming, the running, the wild arm cheering, the fist punching the air...
people stare...
I'm sure many shake their heads in pity...and/or annoying aggrevation...
Obviously, I have issues...
I CANNOT keep my mouth shut at my girls' games...I've tried...I've tried sitting on my hands, eating crackers, talking on the phone...It's not that I coach them...I just like to cheer them on...be that voice that validates their pain, that lets them know they've got someone pulling for them...taking photos is about the only thing that keep my jaw from flapping b/c I have to actually steady myself for the shot...
But this night...with the rain...I didn't have my prop to stop me...and I was all out...full force..
I am now wondering what kind of impact this "wackiness" is going to have on the future mental well-being of my girls...
I have a feeling that they are sooo going to need therapy.
