Thursday, September 9, 2010

I was awakened at 5:30AM to the sound of someone shaving and the shower running on the anniversary of the date of my birth. (which happened to be yesterday in case you were wondering---which, knowing that small detail obviuosly makes this post more relevant)

Which is also why I didn't post yesterday--taking a birthday hiatus...

"Ummm, you take LOTS of hiatuses"  (is that a word? may have to google the plural form of hiatus--perhaps hiati?  dang, that looks a little like Haiti...good grief, I'm completely off track...do you see the trouble blogging causes me?  THUS, the hiatuseseses...and yes I'm aware that I take many!)

Where was I?

Blah blah water running blah 5:30AM blah blah

Yes, so I call to Italian Stallion in my most gracious & pleasant morning voice...it's like the sound of angels I tell ya...

So I called, "What the heck are you doing up at 5:30 IN THE MORNING?"

To which he sweetly comes over and kisses my head and replies, "Well, Happy Birthday sweetheart, I have a breakfast meeting, just go back to sleep."
(this in turn makes it hard to be upset that he has awakened me from my dream of Hector from Electric Company and some Ape people who wanted to go to Kids Camp, but I wouldn't let them because they were more like vampire type of Ape people and I was scared that they'd eat the children) WHAT IN THE WORLD am I eating before bed that gives me these strange dreams...alas, I'm off topic again...

Needless to say, I couldn't get back to my dream, but I did fall back asleep and completely missed my wake up time of 6:30 where I get up and run and loose inches around my waist while watching infomercials about Hip Hop Abs and Bare Minerals...

*chirp, chirp*

Yeah, you're not fallin' for that are you? 

I basically dragged myself out of bed and crawled to the shower to possibly get my eyes to function properly around 7am when I hear my husband's voice calling me from the bedroom...

What?  Wasn't he gone by now???

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!  So I quickly jumped out of the shower and thought, oh goodness he's completely forgotten something and he's going to be late and good things I skipped running this morning b/c I'm going to need to darn a sock or something...

but NO...

There in the doorway stood my husband, with a take out bag from Panera and a venti Starbucks...for ME!

"Happy Birthday!"

I asked, "I thought you had a business meeting?"

he nodded

I replied, "I AM your business meeting???"

he nodded again!

I was giggly for the rest of the day!!!

And for the record, I did get clothed before heading to kitchen table where we sat and enjoyed our breakfast together before the little girlies came tumbling down the stairs wanting to know where THEIR bagels were...to which Daddy came through with flying colors as he pulled out 3 more cinnamon crunches for them to munch on with us!!!

The day only got better...and it's okay that I"m now in my "late thirties"...

at least that's what I keep telling myself!