I need to preface the following post with a few facts...
Facts of which I am completely and utterly aware...and therefore, once I make my way around the barn a couple of times, will come and land back onto those "truths"
Fact #1- All people make mistakes...this includes myself and my husband and my children
Fact #2- Not all people are kind (and subsequently, not all people are intelligent either...but I digress)
Fact #3- I do not posses the spiritual gift of Mercy
Fact #4- Noone is perfect and everyone needs grace
Fact #5- Dealing with a vomiting and diahrea 3 year old all day, bleaching your house, attending a soccer game where your child's team gets beat into the ground and then receiving a ridiculous email from a disgruntled soccer parent WILL cause you to blow your top.
Okay...that all said, let's just say that although I may lack in the Mercy department, I am FIERCELY loyal...and with that loyalty comes utter abandonment to all things logical when it comes to defending said person to whom I am loyal.
My darling Italian Stallion has coached our daughter's soccer team for 3 years. We have had the same group of girls all three years...give or take a few that have headed up to select soccer and such...The point is, you aren't supposed to get a choice of your team, but these parents specifically write down his name to make absolutely sure that they stay with him and all together.
This year we lost a couple girls who, as stated previously, headed up to select soccer. This left some openings. Therefore, we gained a few more new girls. This is always exciting and as such, my hubby refuses to keep things the same, that way EVERYONE gets a chance to participate in team names and team unity, etc. (this is where the fierceness comes in) You have to understand that soccer coaches get paid NOTHING, NADA to spend any amount of time teaching these girls...and yet, he spends hours watching DVDs and searching the internet for drills...he talks to countless other coaches from different divisions to get any advice possible...he spends hours excel programming out his schedule and the line up and making sure everyone gets a chance to play equal time...AND he spends up to 3 hours after work running practices and dealing patiently with little girls who run around and act all girly!
I have not heard of one rude complaint in all these years. There have been concerns that have arisen from time to time and people have been gracious and kind and mature in their dealings with him and myself. Until this evening...
I can't go into too much b/c my poor friend A.M. has already heard a mouthful...and by mouthful I mean, she needed to cram some soap down my throat due to my over-zealous rendition of "don't mess with my family" that I felt it necessary to vent upon her b/c I.S. wasn't going to let me near the REPLY button on the email that was received...AM I am so thankful for you!!! My hubby doesn't let things like this bother him...it rolls off his back...he wrote the "new dude" back and was done with it...
And I sit here still seething and thinking of all the things I'd LIKE to say...
There are worse things in life...I know...I've been there too...
So, in the scheme of things, it's not really worth my time...and yet, I bore you with another blog post of negativity and vulnerability to allow you yet another glance at MY own imperfections...
There you have...I tried to warn you...and I am completely aware of the preface statement above...I'm not looking for validation (SHOCKER I know) I KNOW my I.S. is an awesome coach...I also know that even though this individual can't seem to put a proper, grammatical sentence together properly, he obviously is in need of grace...
I also know that sarcasm and cynicism is evil and causes people to cringe...
(you're cringing aren't you)
Fact #6- probably not a good idea to write a blog post when you're a tad angry...otherwise, sarcasm and cynicism arises...
Have a great evening!