Sunday, September 12, 2010

Numbering My Days

A couple Sundays ago our pastor started a new series...I wish I could tell you all the ins and outs and points and subpoints to his sermon.

I can't...

cuz you see, I got hung up on a verse that he pointed out...

So hung up in fact that it has stayed with me...day in and day out...now I am at the point of purchasing a canvas and painting this verse to hang in my office b/c I feel like God is wanting me to remember this..

and remember I will...

forget you dead brain cells...I WILL get this into whatever is left of that mass of mush sitting on my neck!

Psalms 90:12 "Teach us to number our days so that we may gain a heart of wisdom"...

Mamarazzi translation: "Teach us to recognize how few our days are and savor the moments so that we will spend our time here just as we should!"

I haven't necessarily been "savoring" lately...I'd like to call it more "surviving"...

Now, I know that as a mother of 3, sometimes survival is all we can hope for...amidst the diapers, laundry, whines and cries, picking up after everyone, playdates, cooking meals, trying to get a shower and MAYBE getting our hair dry before we have to shove everyone out the door...

But, I'm also realizing that all of a sudden, my eldest one is nearly NINE...

Nine years have come and gone...in nine more, she'll graduate and be out of my house...

I don't want to smother her, or over protect her, or cause her to say, "geez mom, lay off the kissin and huggin' already"...

well, okay, I don't really care if she says that or not b/c THAT I'm NOT stopping...EVER...

however...

I want to be more purposeful in my parenting, meaningful in how I spend my moments with them, and then stick those memories into my heart and pray for them with all that I've got in me...

So today, after I failed miserably with ALL of the above...due to messy rooms and whining and relentless nagging and arguing and crying...I finally said ENOUGH...yes, they need to learn to keep their rooms clean, but before the sun sets on today, we will NUMBER today and MAKE IT COUNT..

And so, we headed out for a scooter run before bed...

and I savored my girls and my husband laughed at me while I ran after them all with my camera...here are a few of my "memories" from my numbered days!

My baby...(yes did a little photoshop action on these shots...) She's growin' so big!
Here's that almost 9 year old...the sun was just setting and reminding me how little time I have and how I just love her soooo much!
ohhh, and my middle peanut...she's so easy to love...and I pray I don't just skip over her b/c of it...
here's Munchkin sayin, " Okay, now SOP...everyone SOP...now I GO!!"
heading down the pike...
car comin'
And we headed home...read books...kissed them all goodnight...and praying for another day to spend with each of them!!!