Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Digging for Treasure


Found some stuff in my basement the other day...

WHOA...I KNOW...I too am amazed that I actually FOUND something in that explosion that happened down in the depths of my house...

It's my old cowboy hat that I purchased while in Australia.  Quite the fashion statement I made back then...
yep, all that long hair, oversized flannel and an authentic Australian hat...

I use the term "authentic" loosely...

I bought it at a flea market and one of my teammates probably haggled down the price for me...or I just paid whatever cuz I really didn't understand the value of good money back then...save it, spend it, it was dad's anyway right?

Yes...well, THANKFULLY we've turned the corner on those "money issues"...but, at least I have this dapper cowboy hat to show for it!

The girls are in a new school this year...new teachers...new programs...

One of the "newbies" is as new music teacher who is introducing the kids to a different type of music...and being someone who knows sooo much little about music (my worship pastor actually informed last Sunday that I sing tenor...for those wondering, that's a GUY's part to sing...NOT a girl...so there you have it)  Anyway, she's learnin' them some new music and goin' cultural on them as well...

Sweetpea has her first performance sometime in October and it has to do with Australian music...seeing as my nose is already quite tanned from the summer (do you "get" the word picture here?) I contacted the music teacher and told her that I indeed had gone to Australia and would be MORE than happy to come share my wealth of knowledge from the country...I mean, really, I was only there a mere 16 years ago...not much could have changed right?

So, THAT'S what got me down to the basement and got me digging in my treasure trove...whereas I located my Australian cowboy hat...

Not that you needed this bit of information, but I'm lacking good blog topics of late, so there you have it!