Thursday, September 23, 2010

The post where I try to justify the fact that I haven't folded clothes in a week

In the midst of my ranting and raving about the injustice in the world of soccer AND my astonishment at my girls' abilities to break the sound barrier with their whining AND continual lack of sleep due to the wantings of young ones or crazy dreams about Ape people and Hector...

I HAVE been busy...

doing ACTUAL things...

Some of those things being decorating "my" office...

And although I hear my kitchen screaming at me, "ya know, you COULD wipe up that dripping syrup from the pantry...we've got a puddle over here" and my bedroom crying, "honey, we haven't seen the carpet in days...couldn't these clothes go somewhere else???"

I have chosen to ignore the voices and push ever onward in my denial of all things clean...and spend time on these more "important" things...

Like cutting paper and sewing uneven stitches and tying pretty blue bows...

And thus began my "office decor love fest"...

Bursting forth from the gates....

I wanted some "inspiration" hanging from the windows...so I did just that...my sweet girls and pictures of our family just hanging from ribbons on my new "sheer" curtain...notice I did not zoom in on the stitching...and if you happen to come over and view said "sheer" I will not be allowing you to stand on a chair to view it closely either, because frankly, I'm not the best seamstress in the world and it's a miracle it actually hangs at all.

 Next we have my personal favorite...MOMENTS...

This is where I took a bunch of wood letters and found some pretty papers and then sprayed them with this 3M photo mount spray and COMPLETELY covered my hands in sticky, gooey adhesive...which in turn allowed me the wonderful task of scrubbing my skin raw in order to get the excess goo to ball up enough for me to peel it from my skin...JOY!
but soooo pretty, right?
That's me hoping that it will look nice on the wall, but too chicken to actually hammer the holes in...so my best guestimate is that the letters will stay on the floor for AT LEAST another 2 weeks until I get up the gumption to do the final deed!

I LOVE my shadow boxes.
Italian Stallion detests them...he thinks they are too bulky.
I,however, believe they are a treasure and I can put so much stuff into them...it's like hanging a scrapbook page on my wall...BLISS...finding a way to my heart...
Another thing I added, just cuz I wanted that "ecclectic" feel..just painted an old clipboard and put some pictures behind an old piece of glass...tie a ribbon and WhaLa...

Lastly...and Little Munchkin's personal favorite...the coasters....
They're just a sweet touch to the room...
Other things I'd like to add are a stainless steel magnetic board, a few more frames, and some other funky hanging thing for more pictures..OF COURSE...

Italian Stallion thought it needed this too...

And once again I am reminded of how GOOD I have it...
even with drippy syrup and crumpled laundry...

Thank you Jesus!