Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Weekend

Well..Labor Day weekend proved to be lacking in the "getting things accomplished" area...

I originally had high hopes...

I thought it'd be fun to go hiking, go on a bike ride, fish with the girls, clean the entire main floor (including the play room) organize the fridge, finish the laundry, wash all the sheets, organize a few of my photos, get in some more labor day sales shopping and possibly go out for pizza...

In reality...we rode scooters in our driveway, cleaned out the garden enough to put together a veggie tray for the fantasty football neighborhood get together, watched exactly 2.5 movies during the afternoons and ate ice cream for dinner!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, that's a weekend for ya...

and so now I'm faced with a lot more "stuff" to accomplish during the week and I've also decided that waiting 7 months to get a hair cut is helping noone!

I've developed a NEW to-do list and it started off by helping in the Literacy Room at the girls' school today.  I'm thankful to say that it did NOT dig deep into my innermost yearnings to get back into the teaching realm...NOPE...had fun sortin' through all those fun resources and books and I walked out of there thankful that I don't have to deal with parent/teacher conferences and trying to come up with 24 individual ways to motivate children that are not my own! 

Once THAT was complete, I headed home to begin the cleaning...bleaching my sink seemed like a good place to start...which ended up being a waste of time, once the quart of pasta sauce fell out of the fridge and splattered all over the floor...because I had to scrape what a could and throw it into "said" sink while trying to mop up the rest...so now we're down to 55 quarts of pasta sauce for the year...Oh the horror! On the plus side...I was able to get my floor cleaned in the middle of it all...kudos!

I made an appointment to get my hair cut...about 4 months too late, but I'm having trouble finding a "style" so we'll see what happens...I may or may not promise to post pictures later...

Tomorrow is a big day for me...gettin' myself to the OTHER side of 35...

I think I may be having some sub-conscious difficulties with this concept in that I had a dream that Hector from Electric Company thought I was 21 and asked me out on a date last night...

and after the laughter from my children, that's about all I"m going to say about that!
See you later!