Friday, July 16, 2010

Where did the week go?

I'm not complaining...

I like it when weeks go fast b/c that means Italian Stallion has the weekend off and we all just hang out together for 2 whole days...but goodness sakes, I feel like it's been a bit of a whirlwind...

My sister in law was in town from Tenn. with her family...which brings a whole new dimension to "cousin time" around here...Stick 9 children ages 1-10 in a room and let them loose...it's crazy chaos...and mostly we just let Nana handle it...I"m SUCH the good daugther in law!

We had huge saved up birthday celebrations, all day zoo trips, princess playdates...I'm exhausted...I mean, there comes a point when you just gotta lay off the fountain drinks and watching the grandparents running after children...

Anyway...it leads me to this weekend in which my kiddos are having Camp Gramma & Papa...it's not their first time without us...but as Peanut put it, "Mommy, we're in a whole 'nother STATE!!!...WITHOUT YOU..."  Sweetpea, my ever present firstborn implored me to write out all the phone numbers of every person that she could possibly need to contact if an emergency arose...I'm not quite sure what she was nervous about, but somehow spending time on my cell phone made her feel much more confident as well.

As I dropped the girls off with my mom, Peanut started to cry...which isn't necessarily unusual (the tears I mean) but the passion with which she was sobbing was quite alot to take...to which my 3 year old replied, "See Mommy, I not cry...I FIIIIIINE"  (which only made Peanut cry harder)

And now I sit here and I'm waiting for a call from my mom this morning b/c Little Munchkin got a fever last night and all nightmares of last March's episode with scarlet fever and pneumonia have plagued me through the night...I'm heading out this afternoon for Florida to shoot a wedding,...solo....I'm not going to say much more on that b/c I may get the shakes and start stuffing all manner of chocolate into my mouth to calm my nerves...so let's just leave it at that.  It just means that my weekend with my family is cut a little short...

I am making it up to them by signing them up for swim lessons next week...woohoo...I see pool memberships in the future...perhaps even as close as next summer...wouldn't THAT be fun? 

So...at the risk of getting too theological or philisophical...I need to say that Prayer has always been a mystery to me...Jesus taught us how to pray...He commands us to pray...I've been taught that prayer changes things...and I also know that faith is believing, even when everything else appears to say the opposite...

and that's what I feel about prayer...I've prayed for specific things...GOOD things...but, there isn't a a set formula or anything by which I can gauge...sometimes the answer is yes and sometimes it's no...and to be honest, the answer NO has been on some major things and that has made me a little gun shy to even ask much anymore.  So, I'm now just going to say that if any of you have a better grasp on this particular area in your walk with Jesus...will you, if you think of it, pray for my baby that she would heal quickly...that I and my girlies would return home safely this weekend...that emergencies would be non-existent and that I would trust that He has things all safely guarded and protected?

Thanks Muchly...
I'll talk with you soon...