I"m in a new Bible study...remember my post from here?
Yes, well...I'm learning quite a few things...which is REALLY awesome...and I promise to share some of those things very soon...
but, another thing that has been going on in my heart is the whole "passing blessings onto the next generation"...specifically...my girlies!
I've been wanting to "give" my girls special verses...now, please understand that I'm not creating verses out of thin air or anything...I just wanted to point them to specific places in the Bible (of which I know more than them right now) that stand out when I read them...and they stand out b/c it makes me think of them...of their personalities or their love languages...
Anyway, my plan is to continue to read and compile a short list for each of them...not that I have all the answers or that my picks are best...I KNOW that God is going to direct them to certain passages one day that they will claim for themselves...but until then...here are a few that make me picture their sweet faces when I read them:
SWEETPEA: Psalm 139
I prayed this psalm all the time while pregnant with her...it was probably all the talk about "wombs" and such...but I also see words like, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made"...My Sweetpea gets fearful at times..."even the darkness will not be dark to you" it says..."You searched me and know me"...My firstborn desires to be known and loved...she has "anxious thoughts" (as does her mother)...I just love this whole passage...and so, at the top of her list is this psalm.
PEANUT: Zeph 3:17
This one stands out to me for Peanut b/c Jesus "rejoices over her with singing"...and my little girl is a music kid...she loves it...it gets inside of her...and I want her to always know that she is delighted in...she is rejoiced over...her anxiety comes in quietness and silent tears...she's more internal/introverted...and I love that it says that "he will quiet you with his love"
LITTLE MUNCHKIN: Hab. 3:18-19
Little Munch is my stick of dynamite...I LOVE her enthusiasm, her determination and even her stubborness at times...although the parenting or lack thereof sometimes makes those things a hinderance...but I love how these verses talk about being joyful...she's always smiling and laughing and giggling...and then it says that he will "make my feet like the feet of a deer...he enables me to go on the heights"...I see such great things for Little Munchkin...that doesn't mean that she must be a famous actress, or lawyer or be in the gifted program at school...I just see her living life to the fullest wherever she is...and I LOVE her for it!
So anyway...those are just my thoughts and the beginnings of my list so far...just wanted to share it...I'm sure I'll be back to crazy Italian household antics here very soon...havea great weekend!