Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm Back...sweat and all!

Whew...I made it!

I actually GOT ON THE PLANE whilst my baby had a fever and I flew to Florida...to do a job...or as my darling Italian Stallion would say, "goin' on a business trip...piece 'a cake!"  He likes to rub it in now that I finally agree with him that business trips aren't necessarily all they are cracked up to be...

However, I must interject that 48 hours of not having to change a diaper, answer a question about cheesesticks or cookies, buckle a 5 point harness in a car, be awakened with cries for water, blankies or "just cuz"...was kinda nice...but outside of that...WHEW!!! 

Upon arrival, I was whisked away to the beautiful, sandy beaches of Naples...I met up with Sweetpea's former teacher and I started clickin' away with my camera...about 375 shots later, I actually stopped...I worked on my metering, the lighting, getting to know everyone, figuring out poses, getting the lay of the land...

And then we went to the dinner...where I scarfed down 2 racks of ribs...I'm going to blame the sweat that allowed me to shrink a dress size so that I could fit all that meat down my throat...but in all reality, I was wearing a stretchy skirt and I was "plum hungry!"

I collapsed into bed that evening in my nice hotel room...until I realized that there was actually free wi-fi and then, well, I was up until around 1am just playin' around with the pictures and sending emails to people that were already asleep...but, this is what we DO when we're on a business trip right?

The wedding was gorgeous and HOT and so fun and HOT and the girlies twirled in their dresses and I wrung out my shirt from SWEAT...if I fail to mention the strength at which the sun was beating down my back as I ran back and forth throughout the entire ceremony and then BRILLIANTLY decided to run out on the sand barefoot (IN THE SUN) to get that ONE shot through the tall reeds...

let's just say that noone was comin' too near the photographer for the remainder of the evening...good thing I had to stand back in order to "get them all in view"...cuz hoooooweeee...I had a rich aroma and it wasn't the seasalt whisping in the breeze!!!

Anyway...I took 1000 pictures...yep...ONE THOUSAND...give or take a few...more on the give side...I have a LOT of editing to do...and I have a family photoshoot to finish up by Friday...so I'm hoping to get some pics out here soon...

I'm happy to be home with my baby...who has fully recovered from her fever...(turned out to be roseola) and my older two started swim lessons...FUN TIMES...

can't believe summer is nearly over...makes me wish a little bit for this again:
And though it WAS beautiful...I'm remembering the sweat trickling down my back at the moment and I"m here to say that home is just wonderful for me!!!