Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I know full well...

that I can be a pathetic loser fishing for verbal affirmation...UGH...I'm SUCH a words person...they can cut me down or make me feel like a hundred bucks...

it baffles my husband...this words addiction that I have...why does it matter what other people think or say?  why do you care? 

Yes...and I can see your point...

Okay...NO, I can't see your point...b/c for some reason, I'm wired in a way that words DO something to me...like when I read a book...ohhhh, I've got a good example for this one...(be patient with me as I run around the barn a few times in order to get to my point)

I read this book called Inkheart...and in the story, there's another story that is being read...and in THAT story the people COME OUT OF THE BOOK...the reader just READS THEM OUT...he basically brings them to life...

THAT'S what words do to me at times...I'm amazed at their power or rather, the power that I allow them to have (I believe THAT is a more accurate statement...ahem) And I understand this full well. But all the same, they affect me...when I read a story, I become part of it...when someone talks with me, I usually spend time mulling over the conversation for days...when I receive criticism, sometimes it's all I can do to keep going...when I receive praise, I'm giddy...

Yeah, I know...I give "words" too much power...and it really is something I'm working on...more specifically, I'm trying to separate the "emotion" from the "knowledge" that words give me...and, without tootin' my own horn (hee hee, I just said TOOT again...wayyyy too much time spent discussing toots with my 3 year old again...but THIS is besides the point) I AM doing much better with all that...

Okay...so where in the world was I headed with this post? 

Oh yeah...I posted the wedding pictures over at the wedding blog...

I could tell you my fear and trepidations that I had prior and during the wedding with regards to the blazing HOT sun and shadows and the fact that sweat was trickling down my back and that I was thanking God that I wore double layer capris b/c not only would my thighs have been slipping all over the place if I had worn a skirt, but seriously...I would have looked like I peed my pants after about 2 minutes of clicking...

I really could go on about the sweat...b/c I'm just gross...and I sweat...I can sweat with the best of them...If I were challenged to a sweating contest with... with... ((Okay, my mind is completely blank but insert a person who sweats a WHOLE LOT))  then I'd win!

yeah, so that'll show you!

((You're not really believing that I"m much of a words person are you?...Can she even PUT a sentence together with a complete thought???))

Doggone it...we're back to the pathetic loser thing again...

Anyway, if you get a chance...hop over to that CTPhotoMemories Weddings thing on the right and take a look...and then, if you want to "make my day" you can leave a comment too:)

thank you friends!