Monday, July 5, 2010

FINALLY...a break!

I apologize once again...it appears I've gone nearly a week without a post...kinda defeats the purpose of "living out loud" if you only hear crickets on this end...

Things HAVE been a bit busy here...and by busy I mean to say that we've had 3 straight nights of putting the girlies to bed AFTER 11pm...closer to midnight actually...we've had our fill of bug spray, glow sticks, loud fireworks, and mountain pies in the firepit! 

It has been wonderful to spend time with so many friends...I"m an extrovert, so I've been ENERGIZED...but, unlike the energizer bunny, my battery has finally run low...and so, for today (the 5th of July) we've stayed in...on the homefront...staying in pjs until noon...and just hanging out with noone else outside our little family...

After the children slept in until after 9am...even Little Munchkin...we headed out to the garden for some FUN pickin'...I've shared a bunch of these on facebook already...so if you're not friends with me over there, please send me a message and I'll get right on that...sometimes it's easier to shoot a little "status update" rather than write out a blog post...

So...here are some pics of our time this morning...
We love the treasure hunting! I'm always amazed at how many potatoes come out of one plant...

We got a bunch o' potatoes...

We pulled up our garlic too...they orginally hung in the garage, but it stunk us right out, so we switched to drying in the trees...

We planted lots of onions this year..we just gotta get those tomatoes ripe and we'll be havin' some sauce making time!

This is everything from today...

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th!  We're looking forward to some pool time this week...and probably a lot of potato salad!