As I'm sure anyone will attest who has ever been "addicted"...it's not really a plan...you sort of fall in...
We stumbled across a game back in March of this year and I must admit, although I'm not the most competitive person...
and YES, I know some of you will argue this point with me...just know that my competitive nature comes out only when I'm feeling safe and secure within the confines of people who I know love me OR I'm so stinkin' angry with someone that I will be more than happy to throw a few elbow jabs their way to make my point...
Okay, so maybe I am a leeeetle bit competitive...
I'm more giving with my children...that's some kudo points right?
well...I'm more giving as long as I know that I absolutely can't win and then I'm cheering them on...now, if I see a little twist that can push me to the forefront...look out baby...Momma's Comin'...
Oh...are you getting the picture of Game Night at our house yet?
Yes, so anyway...
We came across a game called Rumikub
Looking for 3 of kind, or straights...your first placement has to add up to 30...
In the beginning we thought it'd be "educational" and have the girls add up the numbers in their head to get to 30...
NOW, we're in such a doggone hurry to get the game goin'...they just start crankin' numbers...because...
STRATEGY people...STRATEGY!!!
The amount of analytical and strategical planning that goes on during a game is unbelievable...
Okay...well, then there is Little Munchkin...
But, seriously, we're all thinking and watching and waiting for the opportune time...
And then Little Munchkin starts the portion of the game called "distraction"
Daddy LOVES it when this happens..
cuz, he's not competitive or anything either...
We're all pretty INto the game...we want all the options laid out for us...
See...what happens is, once you lay down your =30...you can then take ANY one elses tiles to help yourself get rid of all YOUR tiles...you can mix and match combinations...
It's in a split second and it hits you...or in MOST cases, it hits Sweetpea
She sees a way to formulate the entire floor...
to rearrange and mess up everyone else in the process...
and BAM...she's done!
We are always amazed at how fast their little brains can work...
Anyway...so GAME night has become EVERY night here throughout the summer...we can't seem to get enough and I must also admit that there are many a morning where the game stays laid out from the night before so that the girls and I can continue...
As I said...it's an addiction...













