We decided that this past weekend was the weekend that we were all going to figure out what we're goint to pack for our upcoming vacation...Yes, we're about 3 weeks early...but as you will see, much knowledge is needed with adequate time in order to rectify clothing mishaps...and sooo...3 weeks early, we begin the PACKING...
It was met with mixed emotions:
"awwwwwwww do we HAVE to try stuff on?"
"can I wear my green shorts with my hot pink top?"
"I don't WANT to wear any clothes!"
"Yippee...I'm bringing bathing suits and all my webkins!"
Okay...so we gathered into the guest room where I had assembled all the summer clothing that I could find ranging is ages from 2-4 years 5-6x and 7/8-10/12...It was a regular consignment store. I want to bless my darling husband who thought we could get much more accomplished if we had everyone do everything all at once.
For the record, my idea was to take each daughter separately and work one on one with her to figure out the minimum amount that we get by with for our trip...I understood that it would take much longer, but I could concentrate on each child individually...
However, in order to support my husband and his enthusiasm for this trip...we all crammed into the bedroom and went at it...
I should have taken a picture...after Little Munchkin tried on ONE article of clothing, a swimsuit, she refused to try anything else on and just kept pretending to swim around and around the room....simultaneously, Sweetpea was in tears as we told her that NO she couldn't pull her pants up that high, they aren't meant to be up to your armpits and about half your clothes are too small now, so we'll have to figure out something else...AND, at the exact same time as all this and with ME running from the other bedrooms trying to scrounge around for a missing matching top or swimsuit bottoms, Peanut was busy just cruising through all her "tryons" and I have NO idea what fits her or not...
I do know that she chose her neon green skirt with her yellow top as her outfit for Magic Kingdom! FUN...
I have learned a couple of things though:
1) my girls have my same fashion sense...which is: NONE
2) we won't loose Peanut at the Magic Kingdom...we'll be able to see her for miles!
3) Kohls runs BIGGGG...Children's Place runs small
4) what fit 6 months ago, will probably NOT fit now...and that includes ME too
5) when it comes to clothing situations and the girls...if Italian Stallion has an idea that veers off from my planned course...smile, thank him profusely for offering to help, and then continue with the original plan!