Plus, I really don't like giving up my fake coffee drink each morning and I gotta have me a fountain drink every once in awhile or I go a little coo-coo in the noggin...if ya know what i mean...
However...in an attempt to make a goal...goal meaning: I would rather NOT have a muffin top hanging over my tankini while trying to pull Little Munchkin out of the pool once we get to Florida in the near future...
You might remember that I tried the 30 Day Shred awhile back...it was great...but my body got used to it..plus, JM got a little bit too annoying for me to handle....and having to wait through her entire explanation of her ONE TWO THREE plan before getting to actual work out had me pulling out my hair...
And so I began running again...why? because seriously it does nothing for me other than wear me out and hurt my knees...no weight loss, no muscle tone...nada...
Once this realization sunk in...I felt the need to make one last ditch effort...and so a friend from church lent me p90x...have you heard of this? It's awful and hard and Tony talks more than JM ever did and I think he might like himself a little much if you ask me.
Anyhoo...regardless of what i think...the "results" that I googled are phenomenal...so, I started my first workout this week...and when i say started, I mean that out of 60 minutes of working out, I fast-forwarded about 40 minutes of it...but, hey...I did some mean banana rolls and made it through the entire ab ripper without totally cursing Tony out...(although that may have been more due to the fact that i was in so much pain, all i could was lay on my side ina fetal position and wait for Italian Stallion to help me up)
So my regimen is now as follows: run for 1 mile daily in 3 minute intervals...every three minutes i stop and do strength training and some ab stuff...this takes about 20 minutes. Then I have about 20 more minutes before the bus comes and I do whatever p90x video is on deck for the day...for the record, I'm doing the LEAN version rather than classic or doubles...because, in the words of Sweetpea, "Mommy, that man has tooooo many muscles"...yes dear one, you don't want mommy bulging in weird places...so we'll keep it on the down low for now.
Now, I also realize that this means that I can't actually claim that I do p90x...because technically, I'm only doing the parts I like...which means no push ups, pull ups or anything that makes me cry in pain...AND, technically I am only doing about 30% of each video...so, if the statistics are right, I can reach my goal in 270 days rather than 90...yes, well...that doesn't exactly get me to my goal in time for Florida...but maybe, just maybe I'll surprise myself???
And that's about it...in case you ever wondered, "hey, I wonder if she ever works out cuz, MAN...she needs to!" I'm workin' on it folks...workin' on it!