I would have updated yesterday, but to be perfectly honest, I was just beat!
It has been a whirlwind of events for the past 48 hours...
The night before last was filled with vomit, diahrea, and "wittle sips" of wa-wa (water) after hacking up parts of her lungs. Little Munchkin slept much better than she had the night before, seeing as we finally had that silly fever under control...but, it was still filled with that congested cough from the pneumonia and the upset stomach due to all the fever reducing medicine we were pumping her with per the doctor's orders...
We awoke to a few phone calls from the school district who couldn't seem to decide whether to delay school, cancel school, send all the kids to Florida for the rest of the year...whatever...school was closed and that was nice in the fact that we could relax in the morning and not have to rush the girls out the door...however it put a little glinch in the plan of getting Little Munch to the doctor...because, really, do you WANT to bring a healthy kid into a doctor's office in the middle of flu season and winter viruses?? I think not...
So, Nana and Popi agreed to pick the girls up if we could get ourselves to daddy's office by 11am...this proved trickier than I thought, due to road conditions and the packing skills of my older girls who view an afternoon with Nana like a vacation and must pack EVERYTHING in their backpacks before leaving...
A toothbrush, American girl doll, every Littlest Petshop pet known to man and probably a stray sock later, we were in the mommy-van ready to roll. Fortunately we did not ROLL on the roads, though we did skid a few times and I had to ignore the cell phone calls from hubby wondering where I was so as not to run myself into the side of Costco's gas station...but we made it.
Once at the doctor's office, Little Munchkin was terrified, which is to be expected seeing that she got...ohhhh, about 8 sticks with needles and was prodded and poked enough times to send anyone to a crazy farm...(and I'm totally exaggerating...I know this...because my little sister had it 100 times worse than my sweet baby...but in the mental state that I am in, I'm trying to make it a bit lighter...so I hope you'll excuse my over zealous behavior with regards to my "silly" words)
When all was said and done, she was prescribed a VERY strong dose of antiobiotics for the next 13 days. They believe that the strep and scarlet fever rash are definitely bacterial and because pneumonia is a secondary infection AND because it hit her so hard and fast (typical of bacterial infections) they believe that this medication will knock it out of her system. Although, the pneumonia will take longer to recover from because of the fact that it's in the lungs and some other stuff I didn't understand...but after, "here's a prescription which should help her" I zoned out...dreaming of my daughter reaching age 3 and then going onto graduate and get married and give me grandbabies...YIKES...
So, she's getting better...we're getting a bit more sleep...except that I keep sneaking out of bed just to check on her...and my other two as well...We're staying home this week just to get her strength back...She was asking for spaghettios by the time we got back from the doctors...I would have hoped for a healthier choice, but it's food nonetheless and she hadn't eaten for 2 days, so Spaghetios Italiano it is my love!!
Thank you all for praying my girl...I don't understand how prayer works sometimes and I don't understand God's plan all the time either, but I'm so thankful that it was in his plan to get her healed this time around! We're not completely out of the woods, but we can see the clearing!!