I'm sooo glad that it's Friday.
My Italian Stallion cracks up over this remark from me...because really, do I actually grasp the concept of Friday as a SAHM? He's not belittling me by any means, it's just that for me and Little Munchkin, Fridays are pretty much like any other day...it's not like my "job" changes when Saturday comes...My "job" is the same 24/7 :)
However, it DOES mean that all my kiddos are home for the weekend and so is their daddy! And therefore, we look forward to Friday!
The girls and I took in a performance last night. The are soooo into Boxcar Children. To be honest, I don't understand why b/c, and no offense to the author, the books are just plain boring. There's really not much adventure, suspense, make believe, comedy...it's just a plain ole story...that repeats itself through the over 100 books in the series...yes, that many...Sweetpea has read through a number of them, but I stopped after 3 because I just couldn't take it anymore. Give me Narnia or American Girl or goodness, even PRINCESSES...but, the redundancy of Boxcar...I'll pass.
But, my girls LOVE them...they take turns being Jesse and Violet and make "Henry" be off getting a job...Peanut is usually Benny, which makes me smile, because she'd play any part just to be with her older sister and her friends.
Anyhoo, we saw the Play of the Boxcar Children and the girls were enthralled. It gave them plenty of "ideas" for more play-acting. We all ate way too many gummy bears though...me included. Peanut and I were both sporting tummy aches by the time we reached our back door. It took her all of 10 minutes to get her pjs on, get in bed and fall asleep. And I was right behind her...
Looking forward to the weekend...if just for the fact that I don't have to worry about 2 hour delays and shoveling snow!
Have a great day!