In the past, I have enjoyed the fresh, winter air...the crispness and chill when one first steps out into a blustery day.
I have loved creating snowmen with my girls...rolling huge balls of snow to form gigantic snow people that they can dress and decorate.
I anticipated the arrival of good packing snow with which to make igoos and caves for my children. I didn't mind the back breaking work of shoveling huge mounds...the wet knees after crouching for hours to dig with my hands.
I looked forward to the sparkling white as the sun hit the snow...glistening in the mornings...
I would smile as I thought of a good "workout" to shovel our driveway as a surprise for my Italian Stallion after a hard day at work...
I was thrilled to take my kiddos sledding down big snow capped hills...
but...NO MORE...
I have had it...Italian Stallion has argued this point with me all winter...he "tolerates" snow...he doesn't like it and I always "poo-pooed" him..."Party Pooper," I said. "Snow is fun...we can make snow angels...it's great."
But, I'm done trying to defend the snow, because, frankly...I've had enough already...
After white knuckling my way home as the snow continued to dump and I had my precious cargo in tow...only to realize, UGH, I need to shovel...
I shoveled the entire driveway...to get to the end...to see that 2 more inches had fallen and I had to start all over again.
I don't mean to complain...well, alright, I do...but, I've really just seen enough snow for now...we've had our fill...
Dear Snow,
Can't you just save this "precipitation" until about mid July or August and come as rain...at that point my green beans and tomatoes would LOVE that...we'd WELCOME you...You are just a nuisance right now...We liked you the first couple of times, but don't you think this is just overkill? Snow days are great off of school, don't get me wrong...but at some point, those days will have to be made up in the summer...personally, I'd rather have my kiddos home when they can play outside rather than when we're stuck inside cuz YOU WON'T STOP BLOWING!!!
Sincerely,
Snow Balled in the Midwest