Now, THAT is a good friend.
"It's been 4 months there friend...it's time...schedule an appointment and I'll watch the kids!"
She hasn't seen me in about 4 months due to the SNOW that has packed us all in...but by golly, she knows I need the reminders when it comes to "health and beauty". ((I"m the one who can't figure out how to pluck eyebrows and I just rub extra hard under my eyes to get any make up residue off)) TMI??? sorry...
Anyway, so yesterday was the day...normally, I get my hair cut...ohhhhhhh, once a year or so...but, b/c of my loyal friend, I am being "implored" to get it done in a more timely fashion. Fashion being the word of the day.
I'm using the excuse that I'm growing out my hair...but really, I just don't do much with it and I figure I only ahve a few more years in which I can actually get away with wearing it long...at some point, I'm going to have to face facts and realize that I have to act my age, at least grow up a little bit more and get a "style".
Little Munchkin went with me to my "hair tut" as she calls it. She sat on my lap and grimaced as hair fell. She's never had the scissors touch her 2.5 year old head. She informed me afterwards, with tears, "I no want hair tut Mommy"...Not a problem sweetie...with a mommy like me...you won't get one until you ask anyway.
So, besides the hair cutting adventure...I thought, why not...let's just do the whole shabang...
And with that...out comes the nail polish and every accessory known to man..or woman...or little girl??
Anyway, we had ourselves a little spa day...it looked like this:
and this...
and ended up with this:
I think they look soooo cute...and remember, I'm the one who can't figure out eye shadow to save her life!
So, that was our day...and I don't have pictures of the hair cut, because frankly...it was a trim...who really wants to see a trim? When I got back my girls looked at me really hard and said, "Um, Mom, did they CUT it? You don't look any different."
Still waiting for it to stop snowing...perhaps today we'll delve into the world of makeup...oh lord help me...or rather, help my girls...their mother is nuts!



