I started packing...
I know that it's CRAZY early to start packing now...and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do without my pjs, socks and other necessities that I keep smashing into the bag since we're not actually leaving for quite awhile...but, just call me ambitious or crazy, you pick...
Our goal this year is combine everything our family of 5 needs into 2 suitcases...TWO...that's it...Now, to some that is MORE than enough room to store a few outfits per person and a few other necessary items...and this post may seem utterly ridiculous to you...so if you'd rather go watch American Idol or surf through channels on the dish network, I would advise you to leave now...
For our family of GIRLS, trying to fit all of our "stuff" into a small rectangular case is a challenge...it's not the "fitting" part that is hard...because we are masters at rolling, crumping, smooshing things into places you wouldn't even know that a suitcase had...what IS hard is trying to decide WHAT to bring in the first place...
I've packed and repacked at least 5 times for each of the girls and myself...not only does the weather keep changing, but I don't really remember what I like to wear in warmer weather until I've been wearing it for awhile...and you see, I can't really wear shorts and tees around our house b/c my darling Italian Stallion likes to keep that thermostat at an energy saving level...so I mostly adorn slippers, sweatpants and have been known to occassionally don my winter jacket during meal times around the table...
Not to mention the fact that my children have grown like 10 inches since last summer and we can't find things that fit let alone match...and so I put stuff in, take stuff out, put something else in, nahhh, maybe we won't need that...oh stick it in for just in case...
Yes, I'm a Just In Case person too...And after this past week, we're bringing our entire medicine cabinet with us...Italian Stallion asked me yesterday, "Honey, do we NEED to bring the stethescope?" (yes, we own one of those)...I just stared him in the eye...as if to say, "Do you DARE ask this exhausted mother who held her screaming/coughing child down on a doctor's table to receive massive and painful injections of antibiotics whether she wants to bring a medical item that she feels secure in taking...???" I don't really care if I wanted to bring a 1000 tongue depressors...after this week, I feel that I have EARNED it!
This weekend is my "take a couple hours for myself" weekend and I'm going to run myself through all the stores to try to find the last minute items that we need...like, earplugs, a swim suit that fits, some shorts without holes in the bum, flip flops or cros shoes with actual tread on the bottom...and heck, if I find some tongue depressors...I may just buy them too!!