Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Something New

I tried something new today...

Never did it before...

I've been "nudged" to do it...encouraged even...

I didn't really see a purpose...why would someone inflict pain upon one's self unless there was a true benefit...like, say a baby or...I suppose if you wanted to prevent yourself from getting the flu or something...

But, for "beauty" purposes...naw...I'll pass...

Until today...

I GOT MY EYEBROW WAXED...

Now, for some of you, you'll think I'm ridiculous...you'll think it almost "absurd" that I felt it necessary to poll my friends and ask what pain factor was involved...you might also find it laughable that I felt compelled to tell the "waxer" about my ingenius techniques of using a razor on my eyebrows when they got too bushy...

Some of you might be in my same boat and think, 'who needs eyebrow beauty?'

But regardless of what you may or may not think...I did "treat", and I use that term VERY lightly, myself to an eyebrow-shaping-wax...

And you will be proud to know that I didn't cry or even flinch...This Momma knows how to handle pain!!!  Although I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it wasn't half as bad as I thought and I came home without a uni-brow...woohoo!

My Italian Stallion also foot the bill for me to get a hair cut, seeing as I hadn't had it cut since last February and the Triangle-Bush-Straw-Chlorine Green Ends look just wasn't doin' much for me:)


Granted, I didn't get much cut off...only about 3 inches...but, I did discover something about myself...my reasoning behind not getting a hair cut every 3 months as is suggested...

First off, it irritates me to pay for "beauty" stuff..except for clothes, because without them I would be naked, and we don't want that picture in our heads...

Secondly, when I DO get my hair cut, I want to feel like I've obtained a "change" and not just "maintained" what I already have...therefore, I normally get my hair hacked off and then have weeks of regret because I don't like it so short...one time I had them just trim it and put in a few layers...again, regret over having not gotten a REAL hair cut...

So, therein lies my dilemma...which puts me in the category of waiting it out until I can't stand it and my husband is tired of seeing me in ponytails everyday.  Today, however, I got a stylist that really listened to me...didn't try to push something on me that I wasn't ready for...but also didn't let me get away with my trepidation towards the scissors...

That's it...that's really all I wanted to convey about my experience...just for prosperity sake...My hair is cut...not too short, not super long...my eyebrows have shape...all in a days work I suppose...