Monday, September 26, 2011

The weekend

How was your weekend?  Mine began at around 5am, when my hubby woke up for some reason on Saturday morning and didn't end until...well, I"m still typing and it's nearly midnight, so I suppose it hasn't necessarily ended for me just yet...

I like my sleep on the weekends.  My Italian Stallion tends to tease me mercilessly poke a little fun at me concerning the fact that I enjoy sleeping in when he's home. 

I like to remind him that I birthed his 3 daughters...without medication...I'm going to use this excuse to my advantage for the rest of my life. 

Saturday began with my first 3 mile run...I made it the entire 3 miles without walking OR throwing up...KUDOS TO ME!!!

I celebrated my achievement by downing a big chunk of chocolate and a big coffee when I got home...and then I continued to eat like a horse the remainder of the weekend...HOWEVER, I'm starting 'afresh' on Monday so that I'm ready for my "race" on Saturday...just in case you were wondering...

Holy cow, the amount of food I inhaled this weekend teeters on "gorging" but, I enjoyed every minute of my pasta, pizza, pot pie, Pepsi...and apparantly lots of things that begin with the letter P!

So...next came Sweetpea's soccer game...of which she scored the first goal again and they WON again...They have scored more goals in each game than they did all the last four seasons COMBINED...Italian Stallion doesn't know what to do with himself...he keeps waiting for the ball to drop...but, I'm just going to bask in the fact that they are winning and they're doing happy dances out on the field...

it makes for good pictures...

Then came a couple of photo shoots and some boot shopping for the girls...I won't get into the shopping because we all know how GREAT I am at decision making...so just let your imagination wander, and I'm sure you'll get a pretty good idea of how THAT scenario played out...

Sunday brought with it early service and a GORGEOUS day...We decided to go apple picking and I"m so glad that we did.  I will now share with you the pictures from our day and the lovely pie I made when we returned home...

please note, that as much as it seems the kiddos are completely enjoying themselves playing cornhole and running up and down a hill (and they are) they may or may not have been harboring "bad feelings" toward Mommy & Daddy who were too cheap to let them do the corn maze or the a little blue tractor pull thingy...






I'm interjecting a picture of my husbands legs...you all know I have a fettish for feet and legs in pictures...but what you may not know, is that I think my husband's legs are attractive..."sexy" to say the least (can I say that on this family-friendly blog?)  you don't have to agree with me, cuz, I just know it's true, so it doesn't really matter...but...ahhhhhhhh, he's a handsome man...:)

and enough about that...let's get back to the apple picking...


This is me holding up a RED apple because we picked all the golden delicious ones and it didn't really feel like I was REAL apple picking because in REAL life, apples are supposed to be red...especially in pictures...

THERE...RED


Here is where we wrapped up the apple picking and found our way over to the corn maze...and other such crazy expensive activities...this is the point at which Mommy and Daddy ceased to be "cool" for an extended period of time...Not really...the older two "get it"...Little Munchkin just needed to whine a little bit and give us her dramatic rendition of why she so desperately NEEDED to go on the little blue tractor car ride...
I don't take it for granted that my girls take care of one another...that they are sisters first always, but friends come a close 2nd...and I love it!



 here's my pie...I took it outside so I could get some better light...it tasted perfect for this beautiful fall day...

And that's my weekend...I hope you had fun during yours as well!