Now, let's face it...she has 2 older sisters who have played "school" with her since she was born...so to assume that we are starting in the academic realm of actual preschool would be silly.
I mean, she can repeat the show tune for "Goodluck Charlie", use words like "that's freakin' me out Mom" and will refer to herself as a BIG girl all the time...
So, starting out with just letters and cute little nursery rhymes would feel "beneath" her...(in her way of thinking) Therefore, I have to be a bit more creative in my "presentation" of all things preschool...to make it "seem" like it's really something that Sisters would be studying:)
Using "Sisters" as my dangling carrot...I've enticed her to try the same little science classes, once a month, that they offer at the metro parks. This past Wednesday the topic was Spiders...
Now, I will admit that I did close my eyes and shove my child foreward to "see the cute spider" whilst Mommy stood at the back and gave mean looks to the teacher that said, "If you even DARE get close to me with that thing I seriously will scream and chase your entire class out the door!!"
But, we don't want to impose those natural fears on our dear girls...so mom clamped her mouth shut and prayed that the teacher would keep a handle on the "non-insect".
Little Munchkin learned a few interesting facts and then I took the opportunity to start picture books on Charlotte's Web and the stand by nursery song "Itsy Bitsy Spider"...
As always though...it's good to introduce food...particularly CHOCOLATE when teaching...because, well...it makes you remember stuff...(at least that's my excuse)
So we made these today and shared them with Sisters when they got home from school:)
It was a great day of School Today:) Have a super weekend!

