Thursday, September 8, 2011

37 Reasons...

Oh how he loves me...

He's not an Elementary Education major like his wife...and therefore the paper hearts and giddyness over glue sticks is foreign to him...

He is a man of few words...

and I tend to use a LOT of words!!!

And even though my personality and perspective can sometimes be the extreme opposite of what is in his mind, he has become a student of ME...

Over the years...through the MOMENTS...he has studied ME...

He knows what makes me feel loved...he knows what I fear, what I get excited about...He just knows ME...because for some "out of this world" reason, he chose me to love...

So, this morning, on the day that we celebrate the fact that my mom carried me for 9 long months and then continued to deal with my colic for 9 months more...he woke me up with cards....with words...with feelings on paper to express how much he loves me...

thirty-seven of them to be exact...



I woke up this morning to a scavenger hunt around my house...finding notes from my hubby...I did ask if I should wait for the kids...

I got a little smirk from my Italian Stallion that basically told me that there may be some inuendo-ish "precious thoughts" that need not be read by 9, 7 or 4 year olds...ha ha

Life is not like a fairytale...this I know...

Seriously, if Disney had written Cinderella for "reality TV"...you wouldn't see the happily EVER after...I'm thinking more like:
In strode Prince Charming after a hard day of work, looking forward to laying on the couch and relaxing with ESPN for just a half hour...he gazes toward the sink where he sees his wife scrubbing pots and pans whilst little ones run screaming through the house.  She's PMSing and hasn't even thought about dinner yet...and lord have mercy could someone PLEASE stop the whining!!!

I'm so thankful that I have my own "prince charming" to go through life with me...who has taken the time to know me and show love to me, even when it may seem completely crazy to him...notes through the house ain't necessarily gonna cut it for my honey...but to me...it's golden!

I still have a few more hours of my celebratory day left...and I know that there will be gifts and cake and such...but really, for MY love language...he knew JUST how to start off the day!

It has been the BEST thirty-seventh twenty-ninth birthday EVER!