This makes me laugh alittle because my memory stinks...so what fun is history when I can't really remember what happened 2 days ago let alone hundreds of years prior to my existence?
But, enjoy it I do...
Thus, I spend plenty of time, reading into the wee hours of the night, my "historical fiction" novels...pouring over historical maps and reading the back covers of my daughter's "Dear America" book series...
Because of this love, I get giddy about opportunities to see life from the "olden day" perspective. Sometimes I think life must have been easier in the sense that things were a lot less hectic...but, harder in that...holy cow, I have to scrub my own clothes clean...
((side note, after spending 2 seconds smelling the pigs house where Little Munchkin whispered, "Mommy, it smells like poo-poo" and realizing that people "back then" probably didn't get a chance to wash their daily clothes...so they got to climb into bed and wake up every morning to wonderful aroma clinging to them...yes, ummmm...no thank you))
Anyhoo...although we had a GRAND time in Williamsburg this past spring...I am thankful for opportunities closer to home to give the girlies a chance to "experience" different era...
Little Munchkin and I headed down south to participate in a fully working historical farm...
Outside of the Pooping Pigs...we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves...
This concludes the photo-journaling of our time there...hope you enjoyed it:)









