Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When my Baby is sick...make that BabIES

My youngest got the "cold" that has been going around. Her eyes are watery, her nose is running, she has a fever on and off. She tries so hard to smile as the tears stream out of those eyes. I just want to cuddle her all day...

and then...my oldest got it...bless her little heart, she tries to act like she perfectly fine...but her cheeks are on fire and she can't stop sneezing. Being the Over achiever that I try to be, I kept trying to figure how I was going to accomplish all the things I wanted to get done today...even, to my own horror, to the point of how I could get her to get at least some schoolwork done, so that we just "stay on track"...

I think it's days like these that God just uses the circumstances to FORCE me to just stop! Get a reality check, and just BE...I curled up on the couch with my sicky girls and we read the entire first book of the Boxcar Children that my brother recommended to us. I had to stop every once in awhile to refill water cups and get more tissue...but I just had the opportunity to BABY my babies! And boy, it just felt good!

Middle child helped me make homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs while the other two rested at one point...it was so neat...she was sittin' on the counter, stirring the sauce while I kept adding spices, and "stuff"...she was quiet and thoughtful...

"Mommy...I'm gonna be a Mommy someday too I think!"
"Baby, you will make a great mommy!" I replied.
"I think I'll have 3 kids too"
"Sounds good to me kiddo and you can teach your kids how to make sauce" I said with a smile!

Well...then it bubbled up and burned her and she started to cry...so much for my GREAT mother moment! FYI: she's okay...all is well, meatballs and sauce are simmering on the stove and smell delicious! Can't wait for dinner around the table tonight! Maybe they'll all be on the mend by the morning!