Well, it’s been a month since we “adopted” the newest member of our family…the little Yorkie that has invaded our home! I have to tell you that although I am so grateful to have her because my girls adore her, and even though Anthony pretends to NOT like her, I can tell that he likes it when she chooses to “relax” on his chest late at night while we’re just veggin’ in front of the TV…anyway, I say again: although I am grateful, it has been a little challenge for me…
You see, I AM the Alpha dog in this house…(bear with me here…hear me out) You see, Macie has that little dog mentality…the one where she feels like SHE rules the roost. And that is NOT okay for me…needless to say, Macie and I have had quite a few little run ins to say the least! Let me give you some examples:
~”Oh my, it’s raining outside, even though I haven’t peed in 5 hours, I do NOT want to get my little paws damp, so NO I will NOT be going outside before bed…I would rather pee on your floor and you can just wipe it up for me.”
~”When I growl at you, I EXPECT you to be at my beckon call…if I want to play, GET UP and play with me…otherwise, I am going to sit here and growl at you until I drive you crazy, however, when I’m done…I’m done.”
~“If you are going to put me in the laundry room instead of your own bed at night, well then I’m going to bark and whine at you so that you can’t sleep and then when you come and get me in the morning, watch out…I’m going to make a beeline for UNDER your bed and don’t you dare follow because I’ll get so far under that you can’t ever reach me!”
Many of you are probably laughing or saying, “duh, this is what a puppy does…” the thing is…she’s not a puppy…she almost 7 years old. The “other” thing is, she misses her family. We are not the same…I think I’ve said that a lot, that Sara and I have polar opposite personalities..so I’m sure that I irritate Macie beyond belief!
All in all, it’s not really bad! I just laugh and think it’s funny that this little 5 lbs. dog thinks she’s all that! I’m looking forward to spring when we can all hang outside and play together.