Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's on it's way...

I"m seeing a recurring theme with my writing lately (well, besides being rather boring and lacking in humor)...and it has to do with SPRING!!! I got my hands good and dirty today planting my seeds to start indoors...I can't even tell you the thrill it gave me...

I took off for the nursery right after baby C was asleep for her nap. I must have had the biggest smile on my face walkin' in there...They all greeted me and asked if I needed help...By golly, you can talk at me about gardening forever, so YES, I need some help...let's chat about potatoes and then we'll go onto onions, and then can you show me which herbs are the most hardy and then we MUST go onto the seed packages...I think I spoke to every single worker there...just asking their opinions on this and that..

Now, this doesn't include every bystander that I spoke to as well...I even brought in my "drawing" of our garden

I wasn't trying to be arrogant or anything, I am just excited about this big ole garden and I can't wait to plant stuff! Well, after my "shop-talk" with all the nursery people and gardening folks inside...I mosied up to the counter and paid for my "Loot"!

The girls were ecstatic when I came in with all my packages of seeds and roots and whatnot! We spent the afternoon planting the seeds into little pots to transplant in May...while Daddy made a couple of the boxes a bit bigger in preparation for my GIGANTIC pumpkins that I plan to grow...we'll see how that goes too.

This is what amazes me...I am not a "try and fail" sort of person...usually, if I fail at something or if I don't think I have a good chance at doing a halfway decent job, I just don't do it...let's just say that I have zip, zero, none, nada LIVING plants in my house...never have...I kill them all...so what makes me think I can do this gardening thing? I have NO IDEA...but I love it!

I do NOT love the smell of the manure/fertilizer/potting soil that is wafting from my room upstairs where all my seed packs are, because that's where the biggest window is...but I will muddle through for a month just for the sake of those sweet little sprouts!

And so, as I lay my head down this evening I will have sweet dreams of all the veggies and fruits that we will harvest this summer/fall...ahhhhhh, the pesto, the pasta sauces, the veggie medleys, the zucchini bread, etc etc...and I thought I would try to loose some weight this summer too...HA